Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Woman escapes Allerton kitchen fire
7:00am Thursday 14th February 2013 in News
Flames shot up from the back of an oven seconds after a woman heard a loud bang, in a dramatic kitchen fire in Allerton yesterday.
The lady was firing up the gas cooker at about 1.55pm at her home on Grape Street.
Crew commander Rob Jones, of Fairweather Green fire station, said that the woman unsuccessfully tried to put out the flames before calling the fire brigade. The woman was unhurt.