Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Keighley man, 77, died after collapse in bathroom
10:00am Saturday 9th February 2013 in News
Rescuers had to take off a bathroom door to get a 77-year-old collapsed man to hospital, an inquest was told.
Brian Butcher, of Southlea Avenue, Keighley, died later at Airedale General Hospital.
The hearing in Bradford yesterday was told Mr Butcher had been a “large man”.
Despite treatment the retired engineer who had previously been diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma from asbestos exposure during his working life, could not be saved.
Bradford Assistant Deputy Coroner Dr Dominic Bell said the malignant disease had been virtually coincidental and had not directly contributed to his death which was from an acute coronary artery thrombosis.
He recorded a verdict of death by natural causes.