Pipes theft causes gas leak

Thieves stealing copper pipes sparked a gas leak at a house in Bradford yesterday.

A member of the public raised the alarm and called firefighters after smelling gas as he walked along Bertram Road in Manningham at around 10.05am.

Transco attended the scene and worked with firefighters from Fairweather Green fire station to stop the leak and make the area safe.

Staff at Transco entered the house, which has been converted into flats, and ventilated the property before allowing anyone to re-enter.

Police officers boarded up doors which had to be broken to access the house.

Witnesses to the incident should call police on 101.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree