Bowling cricket club faces six-figure bill after fire

Club secretary Geoff Hanson

Club secretary Geoff Hanson

First published in News
Last updated

A Bradford cricket club has been hit for six with a four-figure bill after vandals started a fire.

Plastic chairs and polythene sheets went up in flames and a roller and grass cutter were damaged by smoke after the arson attack at the Bowling Old Lane CC premises in Birch Lane in Bowling.

Club secretary Geoff Hanson said the arsonists set fire to an old physiotherapy table and heat spread to metal containers used to store equipment.

He said: “Hopefully this is a one-off and is vandalism for the sake of it, rather than the club being targeted.

“We will have to use money from our reserves to pay for the damage. It is annoying and a sickener when we found out because it is a financial blow.”

The fire was discovered at 8.20am on Monday and where dealt with by crews from Odsal.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree