Pensioner taken to hospital after kitchen fire in Pudsey

First published in News
Last updated
Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Photograph of the Author by , T&A Reporter

An elderly woman has been taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation after a kitchen blaze at her home in Pudsey.

The woman, who is believed to be aged around 75, was taken by ambulance to Leeds General Infirmary for treatment after fire broke out at her home on Ederoyd Drive just after 9am today.

Crews from Stanningley and Bradford were called to the scene and used a hose reel jet to quell the flames.

A West Yorkshire Fire Service spokesman said there were no smoke detectors fitted at the property.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree