Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Is your child the top of the Bradford tots?
The time has come to find Bradford’s bonniest baby.
The annual Happy Tots competition run by the Telegraph & Argus begins on Monday and, best of all, it’s free to enter.
Parents wanting to enter their children into the contest, and be in with a chance of winning some great prizes, need to go along to the Kirkgate Shopping Centre in Bradford city centre to get their youngsters photographed.
The T&A has again teamed up with the shopping centre for this year’s competition and the winner in each age category will get a framed portrait, while the one overall winner will receive £500 of shopping vouchers to spend at the Kirkgate Centre.
Our photographer will be at the centre to take the happy snaps from Monday until Saturday, February 9. They will be present from 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday, and from 11am to 3pm on the Sunday.
There are four age categories: up to six months, six to 12 months, one to two years and two to three years.
After the initial photograph session, parents need to come back to the Kirkgate Centre at an arranged time to choose the picture they would like to appear in the newspaper. While choosing the best shot they will get the chance to buy copies too.
A photograph of each tot will feature in the T&A Happy Tots supplement on Wednesday, March 20, and the public will vote for their favourites. The top three in each category will go into the final for another public vote.
Last year’s overall winner was ten-month-old Ivy-Blossom Hill-Hands, who also won the six months to 12 months category.
Her mum Simone Hill-Hands, of St Margaret’s Avenue, Holme Wood, said: “When I got the call saying Ivy had won I was in complete shock. I decided to enter her so we could get professional photographs done and never thought she’d win it.”
The Happy Tots competition is now in its 12th year.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Employees of Newsquest Media Group, the Kirkgate Centre and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- The editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There is no cash alternative to the stated prizes.
- It is a condition of entry that all winners make themselves available for any resulting publicity connected with this competition.
- The four age groups for the competition will be as follows: 0-6 months (any child born on or since July 24, 2012), 6-12 months (any child born on or between January 28, 2012 and July 25, 2012), 1-2 years (any child born on or between January 26, 2011, and January 26, 2012) and 2-3 years (any child born on or between January 27, 2010, and January 27, 2011).
- Photographs are taken and entered into the T&A Happy Tots competition free of charge.