Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Couple rescued from their burning Bradford home
A man and woman have been rescued from a blaze sparked by candles.
The couple fled from their bedroom to the attic of the house in Pickles Lane, Great Horton, early today after smelling smoke.
The fire had started in the front room after lit candles ignited curtains nearby which then fell in flames onto a sofa, said watch manager Anthony Williams from Odsal Station.
Emergency operators got a call from the house occupants at 5am and told the pair to shut themselves in the attic, using bedding to block gaps round the door to keep out smoke.
When crews from Bradford and Odsal Station arrived they had to force their way in through the front door.
The couple were led back downstairs to safety and taken out of the back door into the garden where paramedics were waiting.
The man and woman, both in thier 30s, were given oxygen therapy at the scene for smoke inhalation before being taken to Bradford Royal Infirmary for checks.