Man rescued from smoke-logged Bradford house

First published in News

A man was rescued by firefighters after burnt food left his Bradford home smoke-logged.

The occupier, in his mid-40s, was trapped in an upstairs bedroom after smoke filled his home, on Lyndale Drive, Wrose, at around 10.45pm last night.

Firefighters from Idle, Shipley and Bradford fire stations put a ladder to the bedroom window, but were able to lead him to safety after clearing smoke from the property.

The man was given "life-saving" advice from control room staff as he waited for crews to reach him.

Watch commander Sally Evers, of Idle Fire Station, said the man was checked over by paramedics at the scene but was "fine".

His home was not badly damaged.

"He was very lucky," she added.

“He had working smoke detectors which alerted him to the fire."

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree