Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Dick Hudson's pub evacuated during chimney blaze
A Bingley pub was evacuated yesterday following a chimney fire.
Firefighters from Keighley were called to Dick Hudson’s in Otley Road, High Eldwick, at 5.30pm. After climbing on the roof, firemen discovered an electric fan used to draw smoke from the chimney was on fire.
A fire service spokesman said sparks could be seen coming from the top of the chimney.
He added that the smoke and flames did not affect the inside of the pub.
A member of staff said the pub was closed for little more than an hour while firefighters dealt with the incident.