Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Woman and baby rescued from smoke-filled flat
8:58am Thursday 25th October 2012 in News
A woman and baby are being treated in hospital after being rescued from a smoke-filled flat.
A worried neighbour who smelled smoke from the ground-floor property in Arncliffe Crecent, Raistrick, Brighouse, raised the alarm just after 1.30am today.
Fire crews from Brighouse and Elland stations had to force their way into the flat to bring the pair, who had been asleep, out to safety.
Rescuers had to use three breathing apparatus to get through the heavy smoke that had come from a grill pan left on.
A smoke detector had been working but had not been heard, said a spokesman from Brighouse Fire Station.