Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
- School type:
- Voluntary aided school
- Current admission policy:
- Number of pupils:
- Age range:
- Number of boys:
- Number of girls:
The School enjoys an enviable reputation in the field of academic excellence and prides itself on providing a disciplined, caring environment in which each pupil can develop his talents to the fullest potential. Inter-school fixtures, sport, music, debating and drama are just a few of the many fields in which pupils are encouraged to participate.
Within the state sector, both the school’s GCSE and Advanced Level results place it amongst some of the most successful schools in the country. The last full OFSTED inspection report (October 2008) stated that ‘Ermysted’s Grammar School is an outstanding school. Students enter the school with well above average standards of attainment and this is maintained throughout Key Stages 3 and 4. Standards in the Sixth Form are exceptionally high.’
Nearly all our Year 11 students continue into further education, the vast majority remaining at Ermysted’s in order to study for Advanced Level qualifications. In addition, every year up to 20 boys join the Sixth Form from other schools. Over 95% of students eventually proceed to prestigious universities each year. Following the publication of A Level results last August seven pupils had their offers confirmed at Oxford or Cambridge.
Key Stage 4 Results 2012
- Number of pupils eligible to take the tests:
Percentage of pupils attaining 5+ GCSEs at A*-C (or equivalent) inc. English and Maths
- Percentage of pupils attaining 5+ GCSEs at A*-C (or equivalent) inc. English and maths:
- Percentage of boys attaining 5+ GCSEs at A*-C (or equivalent) inc. English and maths (if applicable):
- Percentage of girls attaining 5+ GCSEs at A*-C (or equivalent) inc. English and maths (if applicable):
- Percentage of pupils achieving English Baccalaureate:
- Percentage of boys achieving English Baccalaureate: (if applicable):
- Percentage of girls achieving English Baccalaureate: (if applicable):
The percentage of pupils getting A*-C GCSE passes in maths, English, two science subjects, a language and either history or geography.
- Percentage of pupils achieving 5 A*-C grades in any subject:
- Average points score per GCSE pupil:
The average points score per GCSE pupil, where A* is worth 58 points, A=52, B=46, C=40, D=34, E=28, F=22, G=16
Value added score
- English and Maths
A statistical measure of how well pupils are helped to progress from their starting point. A score above 1,000 is better than the national average.
NE: The school did not enter any pupils
SUPP: The data is suppressed, as it may contain data that will allow people to identify individual pupils
IA: Tests not undertaken due to Industrial Action
Includes data supplied by Department for Education, or the Welsh Assembly Government 2010-13