"Researchers in the US have raised hopes for a simple genetic therapy that could prevent devastating diseases being passed on from mothers to their children," The Guardian reports…
- Air pollution linked to silent strokes
- New asthma treatment within five years, researchers hope
- A magnet for mosquitoes? Blame your genes
- St George's Day
- When contact breaks down
Buy & Sell
Mountain bike Fastback Concept mountain bike yellow frame 21 gears in good condition recently serviced
- Children's clothing, toys and games (14)
- Computers, software, hardware and computer games (2)
- Furniture and furnishings (5)
- Gardening and Outdoors (2)
- Health, fashion and beauty (2)
- Household and DIY (2)
- Miscellaneous (3)
- Musical instruments (2)
- Outdoor pursuits (1)
- Pets (1)
- Photography, camcorders and telephones (2)
Family health interactive guides
Healthy home check Take this test to find out whether your home could be a health risk.
Healthy child self-assessment Find out how you and your child are doing with this short quiz.
Fitness self-assessment Take this simple assessment test to find out how fit and active you are.
Alcohol self-assessment Assess the effects of your drinking and find out if you're drinking too much.
Deaths - CAROLYNE HOLDSWORTH
HOLDSWORTH Carolyne (nee Stokes) On April 15, peacefully in Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Carolyne
Birthdays - harry hird
Harry HIRD Happy birthday to my Big H. Love you loads. From your loving wife Mavis. xxx
Births - nicola and wayne golden
GOLDEN (nee Wood) Congratulations Nicola and Wayne on the birth of your first child, a beautiful
Marriages - Oliver and Gemma TOLSON and BURNELL - HORNBY
TOLSON & BURNELL - HORNBY Philip & Sally Tolson are delighted to announce the engagement