Extra cash to help boost Bradford pupils' grades

First published in News Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Photograph of the Author by

At least £400,000 is to be ploughed into Bradford schools to help youngsters not achieving the required grades in reading and maths when starting secondary school.

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg will today announce secondary schools will be given £500 for every pupil not reaching level four – the standard pupils are expected to achieve by the time they leave primary school at 11 – in either reading or maths.

Across the district 456 pupils (19 per cent) fell short of the standard in both subjects which means £228,000 will be handed to education chiefs to help deliver additional support and tuition for the pupils.

But the sum should be much higher as there will be a number of pupils who only failed one subject, therefore securing another £500 for the school.

The maximum payout the Council would expect is £627,000.

The Lib Dem leader will promise that the cash will ensure no child is “left behind” in a coming exams revolution.

Mr Clegg said: “Secondary school is a massive step up for pupils when much bigger demands are placed on their abilities. For tens of thousands of children, this is all the more daunting because they are simply not equipped with the basics of English and maths needed to unlock the variety of subjects now on offer to them.

“Pupils who start secondary school behind their peers should be given every chance to catch up as quickly as possible.

“The funding I’m announcing today will allow schools to provide intensive tuition to help pupils to get up to speed and so get the best out of their secondary school education.”

Councillor Ralph Berry , Bradford Council’s executive member for children and young people, said while cash was welcome the Government needed to “get its act together” on education.

He said: “I agree with getting children up to the set level but this goes against everything Michael Gove has announced on education changes.

“We will give these children extra support but at the end of it the exam system is turned upside down, and it is these very children it will affect.”

The cash will be available in January and will be guaranteed until 2015.

Comments (15)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:55am Wed 26 Sep 12

birday says...

These measure are pointless - stop the exploitation of children by their parent/s then it's possible the money might make a difference!
These measure are pointless - stop the exploitation of children by their parent/s then it's possible the money might make a difference! birday
  • Score: 0

7:59am Wed 26 Sep 12

JAtkinson says...

Bradford languishes 8th from bottom in league tables by achievement. We need a revolution, not a plug, to get us moving.

Why has nobody asked why 8/10 of the worst performing LAs are in the north? Westminster and London do not care what's happening to us and are allowing our children to enter a vicious cycle of failure, joblessness and underachievement. Our government doesn't care about what happens in the north.
Bradford languishes 8th from bottom in league tables by achievement. We need a revolution, not a plug, to get us moving. Why has nobody asked why 8/10 of the worst performing LAs are in the north? Westminster and London do not care what's happening to us and are allowing our children to enter a vicious cycle of failure, joblessness and underachievement. Our government doesn't care about what happens in the north. JAtkinson
  • Score: 0

10:57am Wed 26 Sep 12

Ifti says...

Billions of pounds poured into education under Labour resulted in ‘no improvements’ in standards, a major report revealed. In fact, the UK’s teenagers have slipped down world league tables in crucial subjects while the country’s schools have become among the most socially segregated across the world.

Britain’s immigrant children are clustered in the most disadvantaged schools, the report found. Eighty per cent of students with an immigrant background attend schools with a ‘high concentration’ of children from similar families. Only Mexico, Estonia and Finland have higher levels, a study of 34 countries by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) found.
The OECD study – Education at a Glance – found that expenditure on UK primary and secondary schools and colleges as a percentage of GDP increased from 3.6 per cent in 1995 to 4.5 per cent in 2009, higher than the OECD average of 4.0 per cent. At the same time, there has been ‘no improvement in student learning outcomes’, the report says. It was shocking to see how many 18-24 years olds couldn't read , write properly or do basic maths.

Meanwhile, the social make-up of UK schools poses ‘significant challenges’ for immigrant students and those from disadvantaged backgrounds, according to the OECD. Some 79.8 per cent of immigrant students whose mothers are poorly educated – not achieving any qualifications beyond GCSE level – are concentrated in disadvantaged schools.

Some 42.5 per cent of immigrant students born to highly educated mothers – those who have a degree – are in disadvantaged schools.

The schools in Bradford are in a bad shapes. Teachers and children are victim of abuse and violance Bilingual Muslim children suffer more than others.

There are lot of state primary and secondary schools in Bradford where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. Bilingual Muslm children need bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. A bilingual teacher has the ability to teach bilingually and explain complex concepts to children who have limited understanding of English. Learning in their first language 'raises their self-esteem, self-respect and strengthens their identities in western culture.

There is no place for a non-Muslim child or a teacher in a Muslim school.

This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands.
IA
http://www.londonsch
oolofislmaics.org.uk
Billions of pounds poured into education under Labour resulted in ‘no improvements’ in standards, a major report revealed. In fact, the UK’s teenagers have slipped down world league tables in crucial subjects while the country’s schools have become among the most socially segregated across the world. Britain’s immigrant children are clustered in the most disadvantaged schools, the report found. Eighty per cent of students with an immigrant background attend schools with a ‘high concentration’ of children from similar families. Only Mexico, Estonia and Finland have higher levels, a study of 34 countries by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) found. The OECD study – Education at a Glance – found that expenditure on UK primary and secondary schools and colleges as a percentage of GDP increased from 3.6 per cent in 1995 to 4.5 per cent in 2009, higher than the OECD average of 4.0 per cent. At the same time, there has been ‘no improvement in student learning outcomes’, the report says. It was shocking to see how many 18-24 years olds couldn't read , write properly or do basic maths. Meanwhile, the social make-up of UK schools poses ‘significant challenges’ for immigrant students and those from disadvantaged backgrounds, according to the OECD. Some 79.8 per cent of immigrant students whose mothers are poorly educated – not achieving any qualifications beyond GCSE level – are concentrated in disadvantaged schools. Some 42.5 per cent of immigrant students born to highly educated mothers – those who have a degree – are in disadvantaged schools. The schools in Bradford are in a bad shapes. Teachers and children are victim of abuse and violance Bilingual Muslim children suffer more than others. There are lot of state primary and secondary schools in Bradford where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. Bilingual Muslm children need bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. A bilingual teacher has the ability to teach bilingually and explain complex concepts to children who have limited understanding of English. Learning in their first language 'raises their self-esteem, self-respect and strengthens their identities in western culture. There is no place for a non-Muslim child or a teacher in a Muslim school. This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands. IA http://www.londonsch oolofislmaics.org.uk Ifti
  • Score: 0

11:15am Wed 26 Sep 12

Yorkshire Lass says...

Ifti wrote:
Billions of pounds poured into education under Labour resulted in ‘no improvements’ in standards, a major report revealed. In fact, the UK’s teenagers have slipped down world league tables in crucial subjects while the country’s schools have become among the most socially segregated across the world.

Britain’s immigrant children are clustered in the most disadvantaged schools, the report found. Eighty per cent of students with an immigrant background attend schools with a ‘high concentration’ of children from similar families. Only Mexico, Estonia and Finland have higher levels, a study of 34 countries by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) found.
The OECD study – Education at a Glance – found that expenditure on UK primary and secondary schools and colleges as a percentage of GDP increased from 3.6 per cent in 1995 to 4.5 per cent in 2009, higher than the OECD average of 4.0 per cent. At the same time, there has been ‘no improvement in student learning outcomes’, the report says. It was shocking to see how many 18-24 years olds couldn't read , write properly or do basic maths.

Meanwhile, the social make-up of UK schools poses ‘significant challenges’ for immigrant students and those from disadvantaged backgrounds, according to the OECD. Some 79.8 per cent of immigrant students whose mothers are poorly educated – not achieving any qualifications beyond GCSE level – are concentrated in disadvantaged schools.

Some 42.5 per cent of immigrant students born to highly educated mothers – those who have a degree – are in disadvantaged schools.

The schools in Bradford are in a bad shapes. Teachers and children are victim of abuse and violance Bilingual Muslim children suffer more than others.

There are lot of state primary and secondary schools in Bradford where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. Bilingual Muslm children need bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. A bilingual teacher has the ability to teach bilingually and explain complex concepts to children who have limited understanding of English. Learning in their first language 'raises their self-esteem, self-respect and strengthens their identities in western culture.

There is no place for a non-Muslim child or a teacher in a Muslim school.

This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands.
IA
http://www.londonsch

oolofislmaics.org.uk
Just one question here. Just exactly where do the parents responsilities lie? Its no good keep throwing extra money at a situation that has not got better over the years.Instead some radical thinking is needed so that parents can help their children by passing on their knowledge gained over the years. Specially in the early years so that the children can speak English by the time they are of school age. This would be a massive help for the teachers and would go a long way to the education of their child.
[quote][p][bold]Ifti[/bold] wrote: Billions of pounds poured into education under Labour resulted in ‘no improvements’ in standards, a major report revealed. In fact, the UK’s teenagers have slipped down world league tables in crucial subjects while the country’s schools have become among the most socially segregated across the world. Britain’s immigrant children are clustered in the most disadvantaged schools, the report found. Eighty per cent of students with an immigrant background attend schools with a ‘high concentration’ of children from similar families. Only Mexico, Estonia and Finland have higher levels, a study of 34 countries by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) found. The OECD study – Education at a Glance – found that expenditure on UK primary and secondary schools and colleges as a percentage of GDP increased from 3.6 per cent in 1995 to 4.5 per cent in 2009, higher than the OECD average of 4.0 per cent. At the same time, there has been ‘no improvement in student learning outcomes’, the report says. It was shocking to see how many 18-24 years olds couldn't read , write properly or do basic maths. Meanwhile, the social make-up of UK schools poses ‘significant challenges’ for immigrant students and those from disadvantaged backgrounds, according to the OECD. Some 79.8 per cent of immigrant students whose mothers are poorly educated – not achieving any qualifications beyond GCSE level – are concentrated in disadvantaged schools. Some 42.5 per cent of immigrant students born to highly educated mothers – those who have a degree – are in disadvantaged schools. The schools in Bradford are in a bad shapes. Teachers and children are victim of abuse and violance Bilingual Muslim children suffer more than others. There are lot of state primary and secondary schools in Bradford where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. Bilingual Muslm children need bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. A bilingual teacher has the ability to teach bilingually and explain complex concepts to children who have limited understanding of English. Learning in their first language 'raises their self-esteem, self-respect and strengthens their identities in western culture. There is no place for a non-Muslim child or a teacher in a Muslim school. This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands. IA http://www.londonsch oolofislmaics.org.uk[/p][/quote]Just one question here. Just exactly where do the parents responsilities lie? Its no good keep throwing extra money at a situation that has not got better over the years.Instead some radical thinking is needed so that parents can help their children by passing on their knowledge gained over the years. Specially in the early years so that the children can speak English by the time they are of school age. This would be a massive help for the teachers and would go a long way to the education of their child. Yorkshire Lass
  • Score: 0

11:40am Wed 26 Sep 12

Albion. says...

Yorkshire Lass wrote:
Ifti wrote:
Billions of pounds poured into education under Labour resulted in ‘no improvements’ in standards, a major report revealed. In fact, the UK’s teenagers have slipped down world league tables in crucial subjects while the country’s schools have become among the most socially segregated across the world.

Britain’s immigrant children are clustered in the most disadvantaged schools, the report found. Eighty per cent of students with an immigrant background attend schools with a ‘high concentration’ of children from similar families. Only Mexico, Estonia and Finland have higher levels, a study of 34 countries by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) found.
The OECD study – Education at a Glance – found that expenditure on UK primary and secondary schools and colleges as a percentage of GDP increased from 3.6 per cent in 1995 to 4.5 per cent in 2009, higher than the OECD average of 4.0 per cent. At the same time, there has been ‘no improvement in student learning outcomes’, the report says. It was shocking to see how many 18-24 years olds couldn't read , write properly or do basic maths.

Meanwhile, the social make-up of UK schools poses ‘significant challenges’ for immigrant students and those from disadvantaged backgrounds, according to the OECD. Some 79.8 per cent of immigrant students whose mothers are poorly educated – not achieving any qualifications beyond GCSE level – are concentrated in disadvantaged schools.

Some 42.5 per cent of immigrant students born to highly educated mothers – those who have a degree – are in disadvantaged schools.

The schools in Bradford are in a bad shapes. Teachers and children are victim of abuse and violance Bilingual Muslim children suffer more than others.

There are lot of state primary and secondary schools in Bradford where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. Bilingual Muslm children need bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. A bilingual teacher has the ability to teach bilingually and explain complex concepts to children who have limited understanding of English. Learning in their first language 'raises their self-esteem, self-respect and strengthens their identities in western culture.

There is no place for a non-Muslim child or a teacher in a Muslim school.

This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands.
IA
http://www.londonsch


oolofislmaics.org.uk
Just one question here. Just exactly where do the parents responsilities lie? Its no good keep throwing extra money at a situation that has not got better over the years.Instead some radical thinking is needed so that parents can help their children by passing on their knowledge gained over the years. Specially in the early years so that the children can speak English by the time they are of school age. This would be a massive help for the teachers and would go a long way to the education of their child.
Fundamentalists like Ifti only want an Islamic state.
[quote][p][bold]Yorkshire Lass[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ifti[/bold] wrote: Billions of pounds poured into education under Labour resulted in ‘no improvements’ in standards, a major report revealed. In fact, the UK’s teenagers have slipped down world league tables in crucial subjects while the country’s schools have become among the most socially segregated across the world. Britain’s immigrant children are clustered in the most disadvantaged schools, the report found. Eighty per cent of students with an immigrant background attend schools with a ‘high concentration’ of children from similar families. Only Mexico, Estonia and Finland have higher levels, a study of 34 countries by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) found. The OECD study – Education at a Glance – found that expenditure on UK primary and secondary schools and colleges as a percentage of GDP increased from 3.6 per cent in 1995 to 4.5 per cent in 2009, higher than the OECD average of 4.0 per cent. At the same time, there has been ‘no improvement in student learning outcomes’, the report says. It was shocking to see how many 18-24 years olds couldn't read , write properly or do basic maths. Meanwhile, the social make-up of UK schools poses ‘significant challenges’ for immigrant students and those from disadvantaged backgrounds, according to the OECD. Some 79.8 per cent of immigrant students whose mothers are poorly educated – not achieving any qualifications beyond GCSE level – are concentrated in disadvantaged schools. Some 42.5 per cent of immigrant students born to highly educated mothers – those who have a degree – are in disadvantaged schools. The schools in Bradford are in a bad shapes. Teachers and children are victim of abuse and violance Bilingual Muslim children suffer more than others. There are lot of state primary and secondary schools in Bradford where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. Bilingual Muslm children need bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. A bilingual teacher has the ability to teach bilingually and explain complex concepts to children who have limited understanding of English. Learning in their first language 'raises their self-esteem, self-respect and strengthens their identities in western culture. There is no place for a non-Muslim child or a teacher in a Muslim school. This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands. IA http://www.londonsch oolofislmaics.org.uk[/p][/quote]Just one question here. Just exactly where do the parents responsilities lie? Its no good keep throwing extra money at a situation that has not got better over the years.Instead some radical thinking is needed so that parents can help their children by passing on their knowledge gained over the years. Specially in the early years so that the children can speak English by the time they are of school age. This would be a massive help for the teachers and would go a long way to the education of their child.[/p][/quote]Fundamentalists like Ifti only want an Islamic state. Albion.
  • Score: 0

12:43pm Wed 26 Sep 12

Bone_idle18 says...

Ifti wrote:
Billions of pounds poured into education under Labour resulted in ‘no improvements’ in standards, a major report revealed. In fact, the UK’s teenagers have slipped down world league tables in crucial subjects while the country’s schools have become among the most socially segregated across the world.

Britain’s immigrant children are clustered in the most disadvantaged schools, the report found. Eighty per cent of students with an immigrant background attend schools with a ‘high concentration’ of children from similar families. Only Mexico, Estonia and Finland have higher levels, a study of 34 countries by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) found.
The OECD study – Education at a Glance – found that expenditure on UK primary and secondary schools and colleges as a percentage of GDP increased from 3.6 per cent in 1995 to 4.5 per cent in 2009, higher than the OECD average of 4.0 per cent. At the same time, there has been ‘no improvement in student learning outcomes’, the report says. It was shocking to see how many 18-24 years olds couldn't read , write properly or do basic maths.

Meanwhile, the social make-up of UK schools poses ‘significant challenges’ for immigrant students and those from disadvantaged backgrounds, according to the OECD. Some 79.8 per cent of immigrant students whose mothers are poorly educated – not achieving any qualifications beyond GCSE level – are concentrated in disadvantaged schools.

Some 42.5 per cent of immigrant students born to highly educated mothers – those who have a degree – are in disadvantaged schools.

The schools in Bradford are in a bad shapes. Teachers and children are victim of abuse and violance Bilingual Muslim children suffer more than others.

There are lot of state primary and secondary schools in Bradford where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. Bilingual Muslm children need bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. A bilingual teacher has the ability to teach bilingually and explain complex concepts to children who have limited understanding of English. Learning in their first language 'raises their self-esteem, self-respect and strengthens their identities in western culture.

There is no place for a non-Muslim child or a teacher in a Muslim school.

This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands.
IA
http://www.londonsch

oolofislmaics.org.uk
Plenty of places where you can get an Islamic education, but in England you get a Christian education (which is wrong it should be secular), because it's a Christian country.

there's no place for you racist segregation here.
[quote][p][bold]Ifti[/bold] wrote: Billions of pounds poured into education under Labour resulted in ‘no improvements’ in standards, a major report revealed. In fact, the UK’s teenagers have slipped down world league tables in crucial subjects while the country’s schools have become among the most socially segregated across the world. Britain’s immigrant children are clustered in the most disadvantaged schools, the report found. Eighty per cent of students with an immigrant background attend schools with a ‘high concentration’ of children from similar families. Only Mexico, Estonia and Finland have higher levels, a study of 34 countries by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) found. The OECD study – Education at a Glance – found that expenditure on UK primary and secondary schools and colleges as a percentage of GDP increased from 3.6 per cent in 1995 to 4.5 per cent in 2009, higher than the OECD average of 4.0 per cent. At the same time, there has been ‘no improvement in student learning outcomes’, the report says. It was shocking to see how many 18-24 years olds couldn't read , write properly or do basic maths. Meanwhile, the social make-up of UK schools poses ‘significant challenges’ for immigrant students and those from disadvantaged backgrounds, according to the OECD. Some 79.8 per cent of immigrant students whose mothers are poorly educated – not achieving any qualifications beyond GCSE level – are concentrated in disadvantaged schools. Some 42.5 per cent of immigrant students born to highly educated mothers – those who have a degree – are in disadvantaged schools. The schools in Bradford are in a bad shapes. Teachers and children are victim of abuse and violance Bilingual Muslim children suffer more than others. There are lot of state primary and secondary schools in Bradford where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. Bilingual Muslm children need bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. A bilingual teacher has the ability to teach bilingually and explain complex concepts to children who have limited understanding of English. Learning in their first language 'raises their self-esteem, self-respect and strengthens their identities in western culture. There is no place for a non-Muslim child or a teacher in a Muslim school. This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands. IA http://www.londonsch oolofislmaics.org.uk[/p][/quote]Plenty of places where you can get an Islamic education, but in England you get a Christian education (which is wrong it should be secular), because it's a Christian country. there's no place for you racist segregation here. Bone_idle18
  • Score: 0

2:51pm Wed 26 Sep 12

Prisoner Cell Block A says...

Ifti wrote:
Billions of pounds poured into education under Labour resulted in ‘no improvements’ in standards, a major report revealed. In fact, the UK’s teenagers have slipped down world league tables in crucial subjects while the country’s schools have become among the most socially segregated across the world.

Britain’s immigrant children are clustered in the most disadvantaged schools, the report found. Eighty per cent of students with an immigrant background attend schools with a ‘high concentration’ of children from similar families. Only Mexico, Estonia and Finland have higher levels, a study of 34 countries by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) found.
The OECD study – Education at a Glance – found that expenditure on UK primary and secondary schools and colleges as a percentage of GDP increased from 3.6 per cent in 1995 to 4.5 per cent in 2009, higher than the OECD average of 4.0 per cent. At the same time, there has been ‘no improvement in student learning outcomes’, the report says. It was shocking to see how many 18-24 years olds couldn't read , write properly or do basic maths.

Meanwhile, the social make-up of UK schools poses ‘significant challenges’ for immigrant students and those from disadvantaged backgrounds, according to the OECD. Some 79.8 per cent of immigrant students whose mothers are poorly educated – not achieving any qualifications beyond GCSE level – are concentrated in disadvantaged schools.

Some 42.5 per cent of immigrant students born to highly educated mothers – those who have a degree – are in disadvantaged schools.

The schools in Bradford are in a bad shapes. Teachers and children are victim of abuse and violance Bilingual Muslim children suffer more than others.

There are lot of state primary and secondary schools in Bradford where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. Bilingual Muslm children need bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. A bilingual teacher has the ability to teach bilingually and explain complex concepts to children who have limited understanding of English. Learning in their first language 'raises their self-esteem, self-respect and strengthens their identities in western culture.

There is no place for a non-Muslim child or a teacher in a Muslim school.

This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands.
IA
http://www.londonsch

oolofislmaics.org.uk
Muslim only schools, muslim only teachers, my advice is feck off to a muslim only country.

Much better to remove religion from any education system, education is 'known' knowledge. Religion is belief based on nothing other than the written word with no basis or proof.

An example of this is the Mormon's who believe people live on the sun and god floats around on a crystal ball. As mad as that sounds it is only as mad as every other religion, no fact to prove or disprove their god or yours.
[quote][p][bold]Ifti[/bold] wrote: Billions of pounds poured into education under Labour resulted in ‘no improvements’ in standards, a major report revealed. In fact, the UK’s teenagers have slipped down world league tables in crucial subjects while the country’s schools have become among the most socially segregated across the world. Britain’s immigrant children are clustered in the most disadvantaged schools, the report found. Eighty per cent of students with an immigrant background attend schools with a ‘high concentration’ of children from similar families. Only Mexico, Estonia and Finland have higher levels, a study of 34 countries by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) found. The OECD study – Education at a Glance – found that expenditure on UK primary and secondary schools and colleges as a percentage of GDP increased from 3.6 per cent in 1995 to 4.5 per cent in 2009, higher than the OECD average of 4.0 per cent. At the same time, there has been ‘no improvement in student learning outcomes’, the report says. It was shocking to see how many 18-24 years olds couldn't read , write properly or do basic maths. Meanwhile, the social make-up of UK schools poses ‘significant challenges’ for immigrant students and those from disadvantaged backgrounds, according to the OECD. Some 79.8 per cent of immigrant students whose mothers are poorly educated – not achieving any qualifications beyond GCSE level – are concentrated in disadvantaged schools. Some 42.5 per cent of immigrant students born to highly educated mothers – those who have a degree – are in disadvantaged schools. The schools in Bradford are in a bad shapes. Teachers and children are victim of abuse and violance Bilingual Muslim children suffer more than others. There are lot of state primary and secondary schools in Bradford where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. Bilingual Muslm children need bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. A bilingual teacher has the ability to teach bilingually and explain complex concepts to children who have limited understanding of English. Learning in their first language 'raises their self-esteem, self-respect and strengthens their identities in western culture. There is no place for a non-Muslim child or a teacher in a Muslim school. This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands. IA http://www.londonsch oolofislmaics.org.uk[/p][/quote]Muslim only schools, muslim only teachers, my advice is feck off to a muslim only country. Much better to remove religion from any education system, education is 'known' knowledge. Religion is belief based on nothing other than the written word with no basis or proof. An example of this is the Mormon's who believe people live on the sun and god floats around on a crystal ball. As mad as that sounds it is only as mad as every other religion, no fact to prove or disprove their god or yours. Prisoner Cell Block A
  • Score: 0

4:03pm Wed 26 Sep 12

shaunp2112 says...

Lets just ignore race and religion for a minute and look at the important stuff. Maths and English are the two most important subjects that a child will need when they leave school. Should we not spend the majority of the school time in these subjects. Health is the next most important and so PE should be next on the agenda, with Science making up the top 4. Then the children should be able to choose 3/4 extra subjects (dependant on ability) one of which should be a language and Religious Education should be optional. So:
1 - Maths
2 - Englis (Language & Literature)
3 - PE
4 - Science
5 - 9 - Optional - RE, History, Geography, Art, Business Studies, Drama etc.

Also, why are they at school from 8:15 until 14:15 - they should be there from 09:00 until 16:00 or maybe 09:00 until 17:00 (get them ready for working lives) that way, more work can be done with them and more time given to different subjects. They could spend from 09:00 until 14:00 on the core subjects, Maths, English, Science and a language and then spend the rest of each day on other subjects - PE and optionals.

There is too much softly softly going on in schools with the students - and I work in Adult Education and see the effects that poor education and poor discipline is having on those leaving school at the moment.

And as for the above posts regarding Muslim schools etc - history tells us of another man who wished to segregate/separate cultures and look what happened there. We live in a multi cultured society - like it or lump it!
Lets just ignore race and religion for a minute and look at the important stuff. Maths and English are the two most important subjects that a child will need when they leave school. Should we not spend the majority of the school time in these subjects. Health is the next most important and so PE should be next on the agenda, with Science making up the top 4. Then the children should be able to choose 3/4 extra subjects (dependant on ability) one of which should be a language and Religious Education should be optional. So: 1 - Maths 2 - Englis (Language & Literature) 3 - PE 4 - Science 5 - 9 - Optional - RE, History, Geography, Art, Business Studies, Drama etc. Also, why are they at school from 8:15 until 14:15 - they should be there from 09:00 until 16:00 or maybe 09:00 until 17:00 (get them ready for working lives) that way, more work can be done with them and more time given to different subjects. They could spend from 09:00 until 14:00 on the core subjects, Maths, English, Science and a language and then spend the rest of each day on other subjects - PE and optionals. There is too much softly softly going on in schools with the students - and I work in Adult Education and see the effects that poor education and poor discipline is having on those leaving school at the moment. And as for the above posts regarding Muslim schools etc - history tells us of another man who wished to segregate/separate cultures and look what happened there. We live in a multi cultured society - like it or lump it! shaunp2112
  • Score: 0

4:05pm Wed 26 Sep 12

shaunp2112 says...

And yes - I have mispelt the word "English" - before you attack me for it.
And yes - I have mispelt the word "English" - before you attack me for it. shaunp2112
  • Score: 0

4:35pm Wed 26 Sep 12

Iftikhar says...

British society is now officially a multicultural society where all the citizens are equal before law. Every body has the right for shelter, education and health. No body is above the law. These are the characteristics of multicultural society. Globalization has increased the need to avoid stereotypes and misconceptions. Muslims cannot become Englishmen or Brits in any sense. The late Pim Fortuyn’s view of Islam as backwards because of its views on homosexuality. Christians and Judaism also share the Islamic view. Why did Pim pick on Islam?

The only bone of contention is education between the host community and the migrants. The native middle class policy makers at DEF and LAs have given meaning to the multicultural education that is not accepted by both the communities. Native parents as well as Muslim parents are reluctant to accept multi faith assemblies and religious education based on Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism and Sikhism. The 7/7 bombers and majority of Muslim youths felt marginalized by mainstream culture. The teaching of citizenship needs to recognize and acknowledge differences between cultures. Multiculturalism is even more important and crucial after 9/11 and 7/7. Muslim youths are also likely to feel alienated by a focus on shared Britishness, rather than multicultural diversity. Rather than promoting a single British “us” teaching should acknowledge that “us” can be diverse and plural. Children should be encouraged to explore differences in appearance, history and religion to reduce social and educational fears. The pressures of multiculturalism, racism, bullying and Islamophobia have forced the Muslim community to set up their own schools.

Education is investment and not expenditure. Money spent on education is investment in the country’s future. The Education Act of 1944 clearly indicates that the children should be educated according to the wishes and demands of the parents. This means that the LAs are breaking the law by ignoring the parents and forcing the children to receive the kind of education no body wants. This means that the multicultural education as defined by the policy makers has no place in British educational system.

Both the Labour and Tory parties have proposed a new category of “partners” schools, manage and run by private companies, religious charities and educational Trusts. The LAs will be abolished and all the schools will be handed over to such organisations. The process has already been started in Surrey, Hackney and Islington.

In my opinion, those schools where Muslim pupils are in majority should be opted out as Muslim Academies with bilingual Muslim teachers as role models. Such schools will be able to satisfy the needs and demands of the Muslim children and their parents.
British society is now officially a multicultural society where all the citizens are equal before law. Every body has the right for shelter, education and health. No body is above the law. These are the characteristics of multicultural society. Globalization has increased the need to avoid stereotypes and misconceptions. Muslims cannot become Englishmen or Brits in any sense. The late Pim Fortuyn’s view of Islam as backwards because of its views on homosexuality. Christians and Judaism also share the Islamic view. Why did Pim pick on Islam? The only bone of contention is education between the host community and the migrants. The native middle class policy makers at DEF and LAs have given meaning to the multicultural education that is not accepted by both the communities. Native parents as well as Muslim parents are reluctant to accept multi faith assemblies and religious education based on Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism and Sikhism. The 7/7 bombers and majority of Muslim youths felt marginalized by mainstream culture. The teaching of citizenship needs to recognize and acknowledge differences between cultures. Multiculturalism is even more important and crucial after 9/11 and 7/7. Muslim youths are also likely to feel alienated by a focus on shared Britishness, rather than multicultural diversity. Rather than promoting a single British “us” teaching should acknowledge that “us” can be diverse and plural. Children should be encouraged to explore differences in appearance, history and religion to reduce social and educational fears. The pressures of multiculturalism, racism, bullying and Islamophobia have forced the Muslim community to set up their own schools. Education is investment and not expenditure. Money spent on education is investment in the country’s future. The Education Act of 1944 clearly indicates that the children should be educated according to the wishes and demands of the parents. This means that the LAs are breaking the law by ignoring the parents and forcing the children to receive the kind of education no body wants. This means that the multicultural education as defined by the policy makers has no place in British educational system. Both the Labour and Tory parties have proposed a new category of “partners” schools, manage and run by private companies, religious charities and educational Trusts. The LAs will be abolished and all the schools will be handed over to such organisations. The process has already been started in Surrey, Hackney and Islington. In my opinion, those schools where Muslim pupils are in majority should be opted out as Muslim Academies with bilingual Muslim teachers as role models. Such schools will be able to satisfy the needs and demands of the Muslim children and their parents. Iftikhar
  • Score: 0

5:31pm Wed 26 Sep 12

Albion. says...

Iftikhar wrote:
British society is now officially a multicultural society where all the citizens are equal before law. Every body has the right for shelter, education and health. No body is above the law. These are the characteristics of multicultural society. Globalization has increased the need to avoid stereotypes and misconceptions. Muslims cannot become Englishmen or Brits in any sense. The late Pim Fortuyn’s view of Islam as backwards because of its views on homosexuality. Christians and Judaism also share the Islamic view. Why did Pim pick on Islam?

The only bone of contention is education between the host community and the migrants. The native middle class policy makers at DEF and LAs have given meaning to the multicultural education that is not accepted by both the communities. Native parents as well as Muslim parents are reluctant to accept multi faith assemblies and religious education based on Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism and Sikhism. The 7/7 bombers and majority of Muslim youths felt marginalized by mainstream culture. The teaching of citizenship needs to recognize and acknowledge differences between cultures. Multiculturalism is even more important and crucial after 9/11 and 7/7. Muslim youths are also likely to feel alienated by a focus on shared Britishness, rather than multicultural diversity. Rather than promoting a single British “us” teaching should acknowledge that “us” can be diverse and plural. Children should be encouraged to explore differences in appearance, history and religion to reduce social and educational fears. The pressures of multiculturalism, racism, bullying and Islamophobia have forced the Muslim community to set up their own schools.

Education is investment and not expenditure. Money spent on education is investment in the country’s future. The Education Act of 1944 clearly indicates that the children should be educated according to the wishes and demands of the parents. This means that the LAs are breaking the law by ignoring the parents and forcing the children to receive the kind of education no body wants. This means that the multicultural education as defined by the policy makers has no place in British educational system.

Both the Labour and Tory parties have proposed a new category of “partners” schools, manage and run by private companies, religious charities and educational Trusts. The LAs will be abolished and all the schools will be handed over to such organisations. The process has already been started in Surrey, Hackney and Islington.

In my opinion, those schools where Muslim pupils are in majority should be opted out as Muslim Academies with bilingual Muslim teachers as role models. Such schools will be able to satisfy the needs and demands of the Muslim children and their parents.
You really are totally brainwashed.
[quote][p][bold]Iftikhar[/bold] wrote: British society is now officially a multicultural society where all the citizens are equal before law. Every body has the right for shelter, education and health. No body is above the law. These are the characteristics of multicultural society. Globalization has increased the need to avoid stereotypes and misconceptions. Muslims cannot become Englishmen or Brits in any sense. The late Pim Fortuyn’s view of Islam as backwards because of its views on homosexuality. Christians and Judaism also share the Islamic view. Why did Pim pick on Islam? The only bone of contention is education between the host community and the migrants. The native middle class policy makers at DEF and LAs have given meaning to the multicultural education that is not accepted by both the communities. Native parents as well as Muslim parents are reluctant to accept multi faith assemblies and religious education based on Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism and Sikhism. The 7/7 bombers and majority of Muslim youths felt marginalized by mainstream culture. The teaching of citizenship needs to recognize and acknowledge differences between cultures. Multiculturalism is even more important and crucial after 9/11 and 7/7. Muslim youths are also likely to feel alienated by a focus on shared Britishness, rather than multicultural diversity. Rather than promoting a single British “us” teaching should acknowledge that “us” can be diverse and plural. Children should be encouraged to explore differences in appearance, history and religion to reduce social and educational fears. The pressures of multiculturalism, racism, bullying and Islamophobia have forced the Muslim community to set up their own schools. Education is investment and not expenditure. Money spent on education is investment in the country’s future. The Education Act of 1944 clearly indicates that the children should be educated according to the wishes and demands of the parents. This means that the LAs are breaking the law by ignoring the parents and forcing the children to receive the kind of education no body wants. This means that the multicultural education as defined by the policy makers has no place in British educational system. Both the Labour and Tory parties have proposed a new category of “partners” schools, manage and run by private companies, religious charities and educational Trusts. The LAs will be abolished and all the schools will be handed over to such organisations. The process has already been started in Surrey, Hackney and Islington. In my opinion, those schools where Muslim pupils are in majority should be opted out as Muslim Academies with bilingual Muslim teachers as role models. Such schools will be able to satisfy the needs and demands of the Muslim children and their parents.[/p][/quote]You really are totally brainwashed. Albion.
  • Score: 0

5:39pm Wed 26 Sep 12

shaunp2112 says...

Ifty, your argument is flawed. It is idealism and segregation and will drive our communities even further apart and drive a wedge through this city. In fact, if you had your way, the whole of our multicultural society will become fractured. My daughter goes to school with people of all religious backgrounds as did I, and this is excellent for her education as she is learning about things from her friends - she would not be able to do this if there were no Muslims at the school to discuss backgrounds etc and then, with the press, bigots, racists etc, the unknown will become feared and we will end up back in the 1940s/1950s with all the work that society has done to change racist views being destroyed in another 2 generations. Diversity is the way forward, celebrate differences and enjoy the differences and use them to learn and become a stronger society as a whole. Surely that makes more sense??
Ifty, your argument is flawed. It is idealism and segregation and will drive our communities even further apart and drive a wedge through this city. In fact, if you had your way, the whole of our multicultural society will become fractured. My daughter goes to school with people of all religious backgrounds as did I, and this is excellent for her education as she is learning about things from her friends - she would not be able to do this if there were no Muslims at the school to discuss backgrounds etc and then, with the press, bigots, racists etc, the unknown will become feared and we will end up back in the 1940s/1950s with all the work that society has done to change racist views being destroyed in another 2 generations. Diversity is the way forward, celebrate differences and enjoy the differences and use them to learn and become a stronger society as a whole. Surely that makes more sense?? shaunp2112
  • Score: 0

9:44pm Wed 26 Sep 12

Iftikhar says...

It looks to me you are one of those that do not want Muslims in the West since you see them only as a problem?.

Just reflect on what you guys in the west have done in other countries.

Think of Africa and the sub-continent in particular. Do you guys really have a reason to complain?. Or are you the elites that always should have it better than anyone else?.

To be honest, no group of people has damaged the world, other people's societies more than you in the west.

The Muslims don’t want to integrate or abide by western law. Just because they don´t want to wear nude clothes or at least cloth that can show how big her breast are... so these people failed to integrate. Just because they don't like free sex, then these people failed again.. what a dirty Bush mind you have!

Speaking English does not promote integration into British, American and Australian societies, and broaden opportunities. English speaking Muslim youths are angry, frustrated and extremist, thanks to state schools with monolingual non-Muslim teachers and English language. English language is not only a lingua franca but also lingua frankensteinia. Human right are also covers linguistic right. Cultural and linguistic genocide are very common. British schooling is murdering community languages like Arabic, Urdu and others. English is today the world killer language. Linguistic genocide is a crime against humanity and British schooling is guilty of committing this crime. Language is not just a language. It defines one's culture, identity and consciousness. It defines how we think, communicate and express ourselves. The fact is the most South Asian Muslims have come to know Islam by way of Urdu, the children's alienation from the language that connects them the heritage of their parents and grandparents is disturbing. As a matter of fact, one has to get to know his mother tongue well if one is to master any other language.



We live in a shrunken world and millions of people are on the move; one of our biggest challenges is how we learn to live in proximity to difference – different skin colours, different beliefs and different way of life. According to a study by COMPAS, Muslims born and educated were given the impression of outsiders. The perception among Muslims is that they are unwelcome in Britain is undermining efforts to help them integrate into wider society. Most of them say that they have experienced race discrimination and religious prejudice. Muslims and Islam is promoted a fundamentalist and separatist by the western elite, which have negative impact on community and social cohesion. The number of racist incidents occurring in London Borough of Redbridge’s schools have reached their highest levels since record begin.



A report by the Institute for Community Cohesion found that native parents were deserting some schools after finding their children outnumbered by pupils from ethnic minorities. Schools in parts of England are becoming increasingly segregated. The study focused on 13 local authorities. Many of the schools and colleges are segregated and this was generally worsening over recent years. This is RACISM because British society is the home of institutional racism. My statement regarding Muslim schools where there is no place for non-Muslim child or a teacher is based on educational process and not on racism. Muslim children need Muslim teachers during their developmental periods. For higher studies and research, Muslim teacher is not a priority.



Cecilia Malmström, the European Commissioner for Home Affairs, said: “Successful integration implies that migrants are given the opportunity to participate fully in their new communities. Learning the language of the receiving country, getting access to employment and education and having the socio-economic capacity to support themselves are crucial elements for a successful integration. To date, integration of migrants in Europe has not been very successful. We must all do more – for the sake of the people coming here, but also since well-integrated migrants are an asset for the EU, as they enrich our societies culturally and economically.”



As I have been scanning the news for information on the brutal murders in Norway two things have struck me. The first were the “terrorism experts” who immediately jumped to the conclusion that Muslim extremist were behind this with no evidence at hand. But most startling is the fact that Anders Brehing Breivik apparently was a deeply influenced by Pamela Geller, Robert Spencer, and Daniel Pipes. In fact he apparently posted a video of Pipes drawing supposed connections between “Leftists” and “Muslim Extremists” to his website.



Who says that Europeans are civilised. They are the most savage people in the world. They are guilty of massacre during the time of Crusade in Jerusalem. They not only slaughtered Arab Muslims but also Arab Christians and Jews. They massacred American Indians in millions. They slaughtered Aborigines who welcomed them in the first place. British massacred millions of Indian Muslims after the War of Independence in 1857. Millions of their children were converted to Christianity by the Christian Missionaries.



Migrant Muslims are working for the economic prosperity of European countries. Without them their economy would bleed to death. According to UNISCO, nearly 75 million migrants would be needed in Europe in the next 50 years because of ageing population and low birth rate. Muslim population will increase because of migration, high birth rate and revertion to Islam by well educated Europeans.
IA
It looks to me you are one of those that do not want Muslims in the West since you see them only as a problem?. Just reflect on what you guys in the west have done in other countries. Think of Africa and the sub-continent in particular. Do you guys really have a reason to complain?. Or are you the elites that always should have it better than anyone else?. To be honest, no group of people has damaged the world, other people's societies more than you in the west. The Muslims don’t want to integrate or abide by western law. Just because they don´t want to wear nude clothes or at least cloth that can show how big her breast are... so these people failed to integrate. Just because they don't like free sex, then these people failed again.. what a dirty Bush mind you have! Speaking English does not promote integration into British, American and Australian societies, and broaden opportunities. English speaking Muslim youths are angry, frustrated and extremist, thanks to state schools with monolingual non-Muslim teachers and English language. English language is not only a lingua franca but also lingua frankensteinia. Human right are also covers linguistic right. Cultural and linguistic genocide are very common. British schooling is murdering community languages like Arabic, Urdu and others. English is today the world killer language. Linguistic genocide is a crime against humanity and British schooling is guilty of committing this crime. Language is not just a language. It defines one's culture, identity and consciousness. It defines how we think, communicate and express ourselves. The fact is the most South Asian Muslims have come to know Islam by way of Urdu, the children's alienation from the language that connects them the heritage of their parents and grandparents is disturbing. As a matter of fact, one has to get to know his mother tongue well if one is to master any other language. We live in a shrunken world and millions of people are on the move; one of our biggest challenges is how we learn to live in proximity to difference – different skin colours, different beliefs and different way of life. According to a study by COMPAS, Muslims born and educated were given the impression of outsiders. The perception among Muslims is that they are unwelcome in Britain is undermining efforts to help them integrate into wider society. Most of them say that they have experienced race discrimination and religious prejudice. Muslims and Islam is promoted a fundamentalist and separatist by the western elite, which have negative impact on community and social cohesion. The number of racist incidents occurring in London Borough of Redbridge’s schools have reached their highest levels since record begin. A report by the Institute for Community Cohesion found that native parents were deserting some schools after finding their children outnumbered by pupils from ethnic minorities. Schools in parts of England are becoming increasingly segregated. The study focused on 13 local authorities. Many of the schools and colleges are segregated and this was generally worsening over recent years. This is RACISM because British society is the home of institutional racism. My statement regarding Muslim schools where there is no place for non-Muslim child or a teacher is based on educational process and not on racism. Muslim children need Muslim teachers during their developmental periods. For higher studies and research, Muslim teacher is not a priority. Cecilia Malmström, the European Commissioner for Home Affairs, said: “Successful integration implies that migrants are given the opportunity to participate fully in their new communities. Learning the language of the receiving country, getting access to employment and education and having the socio-economic capacity to support themselves are crucial elements for a successful integration. To date, integration of migrants in Europe has not been very successful. We must all do more – for the sake of the people coming here, but also since well-integrated migrants are an asset for the EU, as they enrich our societies culturally and economically.” As I have been scanning the news for information on the brutal murders in Norway two things have struck me. The first were the “terrorism experts” who immediately jumped to the conclusion that Muslim extremist were behind this with no evidence at hand. But most startling is the fact that Anders Brehing Breivik apparently was a deeply influenced by Pamela Geller, Robert Spencer, and Daniel Pipes. In fact he apparently posted a video of Pipes drawing supposed connections between “Leftists” and “Muslim Extremists” to his website. Who says that Europeans are civilised. They are the most savage people in the world. They are guilty of massacre during the time of Crusade in Jerusalem. They not only slaughtered Arab Muslims but also Arab Christians and Jews. They massacred American Indians in millions. They slaughtered Aborigines who welcomed them in the first place. British massacred millions of Indian Muslims after the War of Independence in 1857. Millions of their children were converted to Christianity by the Christian Missionaries. Migrant Muslims are working for the economic prosperity of European countries. Without them their economy would bleed to death. According to UNISCO, nearly 75 million migrants would be needed in Europe in the next 50 years because of ageing population and low birth rate. Muslim population will increase because of migration, high birth rate and revertion to Islam by well educated Europeans. IA Iftikhar
  • Score: 0

9:55pm Wed 26 Sep 12

shaunp2112 says...

"It looks to me you are one of those that do not want Muslims in the West since you see them only as a problem?" - that sounds like your almost saying I have some sort of ignorant and almost racist beliefs - I dont.

Have you read fully my last post? You quote and research all sorts and you can post all sorts of stuff from reports and the press, but segregation only promotes racial tension and racial hatred. The less we mix as a society with all different cultures, races, religions etc, the worse our society becomes. Ignorance breeds contempt and segregation breeds ignorance.
"It looks to me you are one of those that do not want Muslims in the West since you see them only as a problem?" - that sounds like your almost saying I have some sort of ignorant and almost racist beliefs - I dont. Have you read fully my last post? You quote and research all sorts and you can post all sorts of stuff from reports and the press, but segregation only promotes racial tension and racial hatred. The less we mix as a society with all different cultures, races, religions etc, the worse our society becomes. Ignorance breeds contempt and segregation breeds ignorance. shaunp2112
  • Score: 0

7:59am Thu 27 Sep 12

Saltaire Bantam says...

Pouring money into a black hole. Why don't they improve the M62 instead so tax payers don't get stuck in traffic jams every day?
Pouring money into a black hole. Why don't they improve the M62 instead so tax payers don't get stuck in traffic jams every day? Saltaire Bantam
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree