Bradford education chief backs former minister's comments attacking schools changes

A former Education Secretary’s criticism about the introduction of the English Baccalaureate (EBacc) has been backed by Bradford Council’s ecucation spokesman.

Tory peer Lord Baker, who introduced the national curriculum and school league tables, accused current Education Secretary Michael Gove of making a “huge mistake” in his shake-up of English secondary school exams with the new (EBacc) system.

And he predicted the new EBacc would squeeze vocational subjects out of the curriculum, leaving schools with “a lot of disgruntled youngsters” who are not inspired by academic subjects.

The EBacc was introduced as a performance measure in 2010, recognising pupils who secure a C grade or better in five “core” GCSEs – English, mathematics, history or geography, the sciences and a language. From 2015, pupils will study for English Baccalaureate Certificates (EBCs), which will replace GCSEs in the core subjects.

Lord Baker said: “I think that’s a huge mistake. There will be a lot of disgruntled youngsters at 13 or 14 who are fed up with the English Baccalaureate because it’s not their cup of tea. A lot of youngsters aren’t turned on by it.”

Councillor Ralph Berry, Bradford Council’s executive member for children’s services, said the comments by Lord Baker should make Mr Gove sit up and take note and agreed the EBacc would stifle creativity and vocational education.

“I think a fuse has blown with Lord Baker and if I was Gove, I would be really worried if a really respected predecessor like that has a potshot at you,” Coun Berry said.

“This EBacc is like putting vocational education into a straight jacket.

“You need to do this through consensus, working with all those involved in delivering it, rather than finding a few mates with the same ideological hue as yours, like Michael Gove has done, and imposing it on people.

“I absolutely agree with Lord Baker and am uneasy with the reorganisation of the education system.”

Coun Berry said he also disagreed with Lord Baker’s proposals to delay the age at which children transfer from primary to secondary school from 11 to 14.

In response, a Department for Education spokesman, said: “The English Baccalaureate recognises achievement in the subjects which employers and universities value. Studying its full five subjects does not mean no other subjects can be studied.

“We also want young people to have the option of high-quality vocational education. That is why we are investing in university technical colleges, as championed by Lord Baker, and studio schools, which offer practical education combined with work experience. We have already given the go ahead to 33 UTCs and 30 studio schools.

“We have announced a new Technical Baccalaureate which will recognise achievement in the best vocational qualifications.There are no plans to change the age at which secondary education begins.”

Comments (16)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:10am Fri 28 Dec 12

Blotto says...

No Education Minister has ever done anything that could called remotely be called a long term positive for the Children, Each successive Minister (Tory or Labour) have got further and further away from the proper basics of educating Children! The Bureaucrats encourage the half baked ideas of Politicians, the Unions also refuse to stop the Lunacy and Local Councils like Bradford help feed it! No wonder Standards have fallen badly and will continue to do so. We have to be thankful that still enough Children survive this totally inept Education System and are able to have a Future!
No Education Minister has ever done anything that could called remotely be called a long term positive for the Children, Each successive Minister (Tory or Labour) have got further and further away from the proper basics of educating Children! The Bureaucrats encourage the half baked ideas of Politicians, the Unions also refuse to stop the Lunacy and Local Councils like Bradford help feed it! No wonder Standards have fallen badly and will continue to do so. We have to be thankful that still enough Children survive this totally inept Education System and are able to have a Future! Blotto
  • Score: 0

11:32am Fri 28 Dec 12

Iftikhar says...

Much has been written and spoken about "Muslims as minorities in the West" but unfortunately there has been very little depth and substance in these discussions in the crucial matters.

Muslims are treated like “economic slaves” having no culture, language and faith. British schooling has been trying to anglocising Muslim children. Bilingual Muslim parents are being asked to speak English at home with their children instead of Urdu because majority of Muslims are from Pakistan. Without Urdu language, they find themselves cut off from their cultural heritage and they are unable to enjoy the beauty of their literature and poetry.

Why do Muslims come to Europe, one wonders....and why do we allow them to? Did someone ask your opinion before letting Muslims come to Europe as you say? I think you have very little say in the matter, and perhaps that's why you're so angry. Cultural diversity, open borders and an end to blatant racism is the only answer. England is big enough for 70 million or more. To be honest, I would be prefer to live in a Britain of immigrants than intolerant bigots.

Islam is the fastest growing faith in Britain. Hundreds and thousands of Brits are reverting to Islam. By the middle of this century, over half of Brits would be Muslims. New research has shown more women convert to Islam than men - in fact, they account for 60 per cent of conversions. They believed that they should be a force for good by building bridges between the Muslim and Non Muslim communities in order to understand Islam better. Increasing numbers of young, university-educated women in their twenties and thirties are converting to Islam. Well – educated white women are more likely to convert to Islam than other groups. Through wearing modest clothing, all the way to a head scarf, it’s no longer about how you look, It’s getting free from this idea that you are defined by your dress size.” At the London Central Mosque in Regent’s Park, women account for roughly two thirds of the “New Muslims” who make their official declarations of faith – and most of them are under the age of 30.

"I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of
its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to
possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which
can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man
and in my opinion for from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the
Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the
dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems
in a way that would bring it the much
needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad
that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to
be acceptable to the Europe of today."

A civilisation is measured not by the rights it grants its majority but the privileges it allows its minorities. Muslim community not only needs Mosques but also state funded Muslim schools for their bilingual children. They need to learn and be well versed in standard English to follow the national Curriculum and go for higher studies and research to serve humanity. They also need to learn and be well versed in Arabic, Urdu and other community languages to keep in touch with their cultural heritage and enjoy the beauty of their literature and poetry. A Muslim is a citizen of this tiny global village. He/she does not want to become notoriously monolingual Brit.

A good school is not just a knowledge factory or a conveyor belt for churning out exam passes - it is a community, a family. A community is held together by common values and principles. It is a common saying that British schooling is upholding British values of integration, respect, tolerance and equality. But all minority groups find British schooling is the home of institutional racism and British teachers are chicken racist. This is one of the many reason why they would like to see their children attending their own schools with their own teachers. Muslim community started setting up school in the 80s and I set up the first Muslim school in 1981 and now there are 188 Muslim schools and only 12 are state funded. Sikh and Hindu communities have set up their own schools. Now Black community is thinking of setting up schools with their own teachers.


Muslim families are as entitled as any other religious group to schools that nurture their children's faith. Muslim pupils should be educated in Muslim schools because the current system is marginalising them. Teaching Muslim children in a Muslim school would remove the "problem of them being exposed" to values that conflict with Islamic faith. Muslim pupils are disadvantaged and marginalised in the city's state schools because the cultural heritage of the curriculum is "European and Christian".
Muslim schooling is on the rise in the West. Anti-Muslim attitudes in state schools contribute to its growth. there are 240 to 250 private Islamic schools in the U.S and 188 Muslim schools in the United Kingdom and out of that 12 are state funded. The increasing enrolment in these schools reflects the religion’s growing number of Muslims and the desire of parents to shelter young Muslims from discrimination and discomfort they might encounter at state schools. But Islamic schools, like mosques and other Islamic institutions, can be viewed with distrust and even hostility. Jewish Schools in Israel teach Children about Evolution. They has a curious way of teaching it. They said the Jews were made by god and the Palestinians evolved from apes. On the other hand, Muslim schools teach children that human beings are from Adam and Eve(peace be upon them).
It’s very important … for Muslim kids to be able to go to a school that affirms who they are and allows the creative space to be comfortable being Muslim. In an Islamic school they have a feeling of pride … minus some of the other things they might encounter. The Islamic School League of America (ISLA), a non-profit that connects Muslim educators and institutions, estimates that 40,000 students are enrolled in Islamic schools in the United States, a 25 percent increase from 2006. Those numbers are expected to keep growing as new schools open and existing schools expand.

There are plenty of challenges to start-up schools, not least of which is persuading potential students and their parents that the school is academically up to snuff. If you’re dealing with immigrants, you’re dealing with post-colonial attitudes, in many of their countries of origin, The way to move upward was through Western schools. … (In the past) they saw Islamic schools as not where they should put their students if they want their kids to end up in Harvard or in Oxford.

Bilingual Muslims children have a right, as much as any other faith group, to be taught their culture, languages and faith alongside a mainstream curriculum. More faith schools will be opened under sweeping reforms of the education system in England. There is a dire need for the growth of state funded Muslim schools to meet the growing needs and demands of the Muslim parents and children. Now the time has come that parents and community should take over the running of their local schools.

The Muslim community has been passing through a phase of fourth Crusades. The battleground is the field of education, where the young generation will be educated properly with the Holly Quran in one hand and Sciences in other hand to serve humanity. A true Muslim is a citizen of the world, which has become a small global village. We are going to prepare our youth to achieve that objective in the long run. A true Muslim believes in Prophet Moses and the Prophet Jesus and without them one cannot be a Muslim. My suggestion is that in all state, independent and Christian based school special attention should be given to the teaching of Comparative Religion and Islam should be taught by qualified Muslim Teachers to make the children aware the closeness of Islam to Christianity and Judaism which will help them to think about Islam, as “A Pragmatic and Modern Way of Life,” during their life time. Those state schools where Muslim children are in majority may be opted out as Muslim Academies.

There are hundreds of state primary and secondary schools where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands.
Iftikhar Ahmad
London school of Islamics Trust
Much has been written and spoken about "Muslims as minorities in the West" but unfortunately there has been very little depth and substance in these discussions in the crucial matters. Muslims are treated like “economic slaves” having no culture, language and faith. British schooling has been trying to anglocising Muslim children. Bilingual Muslim parents are being asked to speak English at home with their children instead of Urdu because majority of Muslims are from Pakistan. Without Urdu language, they find themselves cut off from their cultural heritage and they are unable to enjoy the beauty of their literature and poetry. Why do Muslims come to Europe, one wonders....and why do we allow them to? Did someone ask your opinion before letting Muslims come to Europe as you say? I think you have very little say in the matter, and perhaps that's why you're so angry. Cultural diversity, open borders and an end to blatant racism is the only answer. England is big enough for 70 million or more. To be honest, I would be prefer to live in a Britain of immigrants than intolerant bigots. Islam is the fastest growing faith in Britain. Hundreds and thousands of Brits are reverting to Islam. By the middle of this century, over half of Brits would be Muslims. New research has shown more women convert to Islam than men - in fact, they account for 60 per cent of conversions. They believed that they should be a force for good by building bridges between the Muslim and Non Muslim communities in order to understand Islam better. Increasing numbers of young, university-educated women in their twenties and thirties are converting to Islam. Well – educated white women are more likely to convert to Islam than other groups. Through wearing modest clothing, all the way to a head scarf, it’s no longer about how you look, It’s getting free from this idea that you are defined by your dress size.” At the London Central Mosque in Regent’s Park, women account for roughly two thirds of the “New Muslims” who make their official declarations of faith – and most of them are under the age of 30. "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion for from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." [G.B. Shaw, THE GENUINE ISLAM, Vol. 1, No. 81936.] A civilisation is measured not by the rights it grants its majority but the privileges it allows its minorities. Muslim community not only needs Mosques but also state funded Muslim schools for their bilingual children. They need to learn and be well versed in standard English to follow the national Curriculum and go for higher studies and research to serve humanity. They also need to learn and be well versed in Arabic, Urdu and other community languages to keep in touch with their cultural heritage and enjoy the beauty of their literature and poetry. A Muslim is a citizen of this tiny global village. He/she does not want to become notoriously monolingual Brit. A good school is not just a knowledge factory or a conveyor belt for churning out exam passes - it is a community, a family. A community is held together by common values and principles. It is a common saying that British schooling is upholding British values of integration, respect, tolerance and equality. But all minority groups find British schooling is the home of institutional racism and British teachers are chicken racist. This is one of the many reason why they would like to see their children attending their own schools with their own teachers. Muslim community started setting up school in the 80s and I set up the first Muslim school in 1981 and now there are 188 Muslim schools and only 12 are state funded. Sikh and Hindu communities have set up their own schools. Now Black community is thinking of setting up schools with their own teachers. Muslim families are as entitled as any other religious group to schools that nurture their children's faith. Muslim pupils should be educated in Muslim schools because the current system is marginalising them. Teaching Muslim children in a Muslim school would remove the "problem of them being exposed" to values that conflict with Islamic faith. Muslim pupils are disadvantaged and marginalised in the city's state schools because the cultural heritage of the curriculum is "European and Christian". Muslim schooling is on the rise in the West. Anti-Muslim attitudes in state schools contribute to its growth. there are 240 to 250 private Islamic schools in the U.S and 188 Muslim schools in the United Kingdom and out of that 12 are state funded. The increasing enrolment in these schools reflects the religion’s growing number of Muslims and the desire of parents to shelter young Muslims from discrimination and discomfort they might encounter at state schools. But Islamic schools, like mosques and other Islamic institutions, can be viewed with distrust and even hostility. Jewish Schools in Israel teach Children about Evolution. They has a curious way of teaching it. They said the Jews were made by god and the Palestinians evolved from apes. On the other hand, Muslim schools teach children that human beings are from Adam and Eve(peace be upon them). It’s very important … for Muslim kids to be able to go to a school that affirms who they are and allows the creative space to be comfortable being Muslim. In an Islamic school they have a feeling of pride … minus some of the other things they might encounter. The Islamic School League of America (ISLA), a non-profit that connects Muslim educators and institutions, estimates that 40,000 students are enrolled in Islamic schools in the United States, a 25 percent increase from 2006. Those numbers are expected to keep growing as new schools open and existing schools expand. There are plenty of challenges to start-up schools, not least of which is persuading potential students and their parents that the school is academically up to snuff. If you’re dealing with immigrants, you’re dealing with post-colonial attitudes, in many of their countries of origin, The way to move upward was through Western schools. … (In the past) they saw Islamic schools as not where they should put their students if they want their kids to end up in Harvard or in Oxford. Bilingual Muslims children have a right, as much as any other faith group, to be taught their culture, languages and faith alongside a mainstream curriculum. More faith schools will be opened under sweeping reforms of the education system in England. There is a dire need for the growth of state funded Muslim schools to meet the growing needs and demands of the Muslim parents and children. Now the time has come that parents and community should take over the running of their local schools. The Muslim community has been passing through a phase of fourth Crusades. The battleground is the field of education, where the young generation will be educated properly with the Holly Quran in one hand and Sciences in other hand to serve humanity. A true Muslim is a citizen of the world, which has become a small global village. We are going to prepare our youth to achieve that objective in the long run. A true Muslim believes in Prophet Moses and the Prophet Jesus and without them one cannot be a Muslim. My suggestion is that in all state, independent and Christian based school special attention should be given to the teaching of Comparative Religion and Islam should be taught by qualified Muslim Teachers to make the children aware the closeness of Islam to Christianity and Judaism which will help them to think about Islam, as “A Pragmatic and Modern Way of Life,” during their life time. Those state schools where Muslim children are in majority may be opted out as Muslim Academies. There are hundreds of state primary and secondary schools where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands. Iftikhar Ahmad London school of Islamics Trust Iftikhar
  • Score: 0

11:54am Fri 28 Dec 12

Albion. says...

Iftikhar wrote:
Much has been written and spoken about "Muslims as minorities in the West" but unfortunately there has been very little depth and substance in these discussions in the crucial matters.

Muslims are treated like “economic slaves” having no culture, language and faith. British schooling has been trying to anglocising Muslim children. Bilingual Muslim parents are being asked to speak English at home with their children instead of Urdu because majority of Muslims are from Pakistan. Without Urdu language, they find themselves cut off from their cultural heritage and they are unable to enjoy the beauty of their literature and poetry.

Why do Muslims come to Europe, one wonders....and why do we allow them to? Did someone ask your opinion before letting Muslims come to Europe as you say? I think you have very little say in the matter, and perhaps that's why you're so angry. Cultural diversity, open borders and an end to blatant racism is the only answer. England is big enough for 70 million or more. To be honest, I would be prefer to live in a Britain of immigrants than intolerant bigots.

Islam is the fastest growing faith in Britain. Hundreds and thousands of Brits are reverting to Islam. By the middle of this century, over half of Brits would be Muslims. New research has shown more women convert to Islam than men - in fact, they account for 60 per cent of conversions. They believed that they should be a force for good by building bridges between the Muslim and Non Muslim communities in order to understand Islam better. Increasing numbers of young, university-educated women in their twenties and thirties are converting to Islam. Well – educated white women are more likely to convert to Islam than other groups. Through wearing modest clothing, all the way to a head scarf, it’s no longer about how you look, It’s getting free from this idea that you are defined by your dress size.” At the London Central Mosque in Regent’s Park, women account for roughly two thirds of the “New Muslims” who make their official declarations of faith – and most of them are under the age of 30.

"I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of
its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to
possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which
can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man
and in my opinion for from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the
Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the
dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems
in a way that would bring it the much
needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad
that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to
be acceptable to the Europe of today."

A civilisation is measured not by the rights it grants its majority but the privileges it allows its minorities. Muslim community not only needs Mosques but also state funded Muslim schools for their bilingual children. They need to learn and be well versed in standard English to follow the national Curriculum and go for higher studies and research to serve humanity. They also need to learn and be well versed in Arabic, Urdu and other community languages to keep in touch with their cultural heritage and enjoy the beauty of their literature and poetry. A Muslim is a citizen of this tiny global village. He/she does not want to become notoriously monolingual Brit.

A good school is not just a knowledge factory or a conveyor belt for churning out exam passes - it is a community, a family. A community is held together by common values and principles. It is a common saying that British schooling is upholding British values of integration, respect, tolerance and equality. But all minority groups find British schooling is the home of institutional racism and British teachers are chicken racist. This is one of the many reason why they would like to see their children attending their own schools with their own teachers. Muslim community started setting up school in the 80s and I set up the first Muslim school in 1981 and now there are 188 Muslim schools and only 12 are state funded. Sikh and Hindu communities have set up their own schools. Now Black community is thinking of setting up schools with their own teachers.


Muslim families are as entitled as any other religious group to schools that nurture their children's faith. Muslim pupils should be educated in Muslim schools because the current system is marginalising them. Teaching Muslim children in a Muslim school would remove the "problem of them being exposed" to values that conflict with Islamic faith. Muslim pupils are disadvantaged and marginalised in the city's state schools because the cultural heritage of the curriculum is "European and Christian".
Muslim schooling is on the rise in the West. Anti-Muslim attitudes in state schools contribute to its growth. there are 240 to 250 private Islamic schools in the U.S and 188 Muslim schools in the United Kingdom and out of that 12 are state funded. The increasing enrolment in these schools reflects the religion’s growing number of Muslims and the desire of parents to shelter young Muslims from discrimination and discomfort they might encounter at state schools. But Islamic schools, like mosques and other Islamic institutions, can be viewed with distrust and even hostility. Jewish Schools in Israel teach Children about Evolution. They has a curious way of teaching it. They said the Jews were made by god and the Palestinians evolved from apes. On the other hand, Muslim schools teach children that human beings are from Adam and Eve(peace be upon them).
It’s very important … for Muslim kids to be able to go to a school that affirms who they are and allows the creative space to be comfortable being Muslim. In an Islamic school they have a feeling of pride … minus some of the other things they might encounter. The Islamic School League of America (ISLA), a non-profit that connects Muslim educators and institutions, estimates that 40,000 students are enrolled in Islamic schools in the United States, a 25 percent increase from 2006. Those numbers are expected to keep growing as new schools open and existing schools expand.

There are plenty of challenges to start-up schools, not least of which is persuading potential students and their parents that the school is academically up to snuff. If you’re dealing with immigrants, you’re dealing with post-colonial attitudes, in many of their countries of origin, The way to move upward was through Western schools. … (In the past) they saw Islamic schools as not where they should put their students if they want their kids to end up in Harvard or in Oxford.

Bilingual Muslims children have a right, as much as any other faith group, to be taught their culture, languages and faith alongside a mainstream curriculum. More faith schools will be opened under sweeping reforms of the education system in England. There is a dire need for the growth of state funded Muslim schools to meet the growing needs and demands of the Muslim parents and children. Now the time has come that parents and community should take over the running of their local schools.

The Muslim community has been passing through a phase of fourth Crusades. The battleground is the field of education, where the young generation will be educated properly with the Holly Quran in one hand and Sciences in other hand to serve humanity. A true Muslim is a citizen of the world, which has become a small global village. We are going to prepare our youth to achieve that objective in the long run. A true Muslim believes in Prophet Moses and the Prophet Jesus and without them one cannot be a Muslim. My suggestion is that in all state, independent and Christian based school special attention should be given to the teaching of Comparative Religion and Islam should be taught by qualified Muslim Teachers to make the children aware the closeness of Islam to Christianity and Judaism which will help them to think about Islam, as “A Pragmatic and Modern Way of Life,” during their life time. Those state schools where Muslim children are in majority may be opted out as Muslim Academies.

There are hundreds of state primary and secondary schools where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands.
Iftikhar Ahmad
London school of Islamics Trust
"Islam is the fastest growing faith in Britain. Hundreds and thousands of Brits are reverting to Islam. By the middle of this century, over half of Brits would be Muslims. "
Mainly due to certain breeding habits.
The fastest growing thing in Britain is to actually have no faith, or at least none of the larger ones (so far!).
[quote][p][bold]Iftikhar[/bold] wrote: Much has been written and spoken about "Muslims as minorities in the West" but unfortunately there has been very little depth and substance in these discussions in the crucial matters. Muslims are treated like “economic slaves” having no culture, language and faith. British schooling has been trying to anglocising Muslim children. Bilingual Muslim parents are being asked to speak English at home with their children instead of Urdu because majority of Muslims are from Pakistan. Without Urdu language, they find themselves cut off from their cultural heritage and they are unable to enjoy the beauty of their literature and poetry. Why do Muslims come to Europe, one wonders....and why do we allow them to? Did someone ask your opinion before letting Muslims come to Europe as you say? I think you have very little say in the matter, and perhaps that's why you're so angry. Cultural diversity, open borders and an end to blatant racism is the only answer. England is big enough for 70 million or more. To be honest, I would be prefer to live in a Britain of immigrants than intolerant bigots. Islam is the fastest growing faith in Britain. Hundreds and thousands of Brits are reverting to Islam. By the middle of this century, over half of Brits would be Muslims. New research has shown more women convert to Islam than men - in fact, they account for 60 per cent of conversions. They believed that they should be a force for good by building bridges between the Muslim and Non Muslim communities in order to understand Islam better. Increasing numbers of young, university-educated women in their twenties and thirties are converting to Islam. Well – educated white women are more likely to convert to Islam than other groups. Through wearing modest clothing, all the way to a head scarf, it’s no longer about how you look, It’s getting free from this idea that you are defined by your dress size.” At the London Central Mosque in Regent’s Park, women account for roughly two thirds of the “New Muslims” who make their official declarations of faith – and most of them are under the age of 30. "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion for from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." [G.B. Shaw, THE GENUINE ISLAM, Vol. 1, No. 81936.] A civilisation is measured not by the rights it grants its majority but the privileges it allows its minorities. Muslim community not only needs Mosques but also state funded Muslim schools for their bilingual children. They need to learn and be well versed in standard English to follow the national Curriculum and go for higher studies and research to serve humanity. They also need to learn and be well versed in Arabic, Urdu and other community languages to keep in touch with their cultural heritage and enjoy the beauty of their literature and poetry. A Muslim is a citizen of this tiny global village. He/she does not want to become notoriously monolingual Brit. A good school is not just a knowledge factory or a conveyor belt for churning out exam passes - it is a community, a family. A community is held together by common values and principles. It is a common saying that British schooling is upholding British values of integration, respect, tolerance and equality. But all minority groups find British schooling is the home of institutional racism and British teachers are chicken racist. This is one of the many reason why they would like to see their children attending their own schools with their own teachers. Muslim community started setting up school in the 80s and I set up the first Muslim school in 1981 and now there are 188 Muslim schools and only 12 are state funded. Sikh and Hindu communities have set up their own schools. Now Black community is thinking of setting up schools with their own teachers. Muslim families are as entitled as any other religious group to schools that nurture their children's faith. Muslim pupils should be educated in Muslim schools because the current system is marginalising them. Teaching Muslim children in a Muslim school would remove the "problem of them being exposed" to values that conflict with Islamic faith. Muslim pupils are disadvantaged and marginalised in the city's state schools because the cultural heritage of the curriculum is "European and Christian". Muslim schooling is on the rise in the West. Anti-Muslim attitudes in state schools contribute to its growth. there are 240 to 250 private Islamic schools in the U.S and 188 Muslim schools in the United Kingdom and out of that 12 are state funded. The increasing enrolment in these schools reflects the religion’s growing number of Muslims and the desire of parents to shelter young Muslims from discrimination and discomfort they might encounter at state schools. But Islamic schools, like mosques and other Islamic institutions, can be viewed with distrust and even hostility. Jewish Schools in Israel teach Children about Evolution. They has a curious way of teaching it. They said the Jews were made by god and the Palestinians evolved from apes. On the other hand, Muslim schools teach children that human beings are from Adam and Eve(peace be upon them). It’s very important … for Muslim kids to be able to go to a school that affirms who they are and allows the creative space to be comfortable being Muslim. In an Islamic school they have a feeling of pride … minus some of the other things they might encounter. The Islamic School League of America (ISLA), a non-profit that connects Muslim educators and institutions, estimates that 40,000 students are enrolled in Islamic schools in the United States, a 25 percent increase from 2006. Those numbers are expected to keep growing as new schools open and existing schools expand. There are plenty of challenges to start-up schools, not least of which is persuading potential students and their parents that the school is academically up to snuff. If you’re dealing with immigrants, you’re dealing with post-colonial attitudes, in many of their countries of origin, The way to move upward was through Western schools. … (In the past) they saw Islamic schools as not where they should put their students if they want their kids to end up in Harvard or in Oxford. Bilingual Muslims children have a right, as much as any other faith group, to be taught their culture, languages and faith alongside a mainstream curriculum. More faith schools will be opened under sweeping reforms of the education system in England. There is a dire need for the growth of state funded Muslim schools to meet the growing needs and demands of the Muslim parents and children. Now the time has come that parents and community should take over the running of their local schools. The Muslim community has been passing through a phase of fourth Crusades. The battleground is the field of education, where the young generation will be educated properly with the Holly Quran in one hand and Sciences in other hand to serve humanity. A true Muslim is a citizen of the world, which has become a small global village. We are going to prepare our youth to achieve that objective in the long run. A true Muslim believes in Prophet Moses and the Prophet Jesus and without them one cannot be a Muslim. My suggestion is that in all state, independent and Christian based school special attention should be given to the teaching of Comparative Religion and Islam should be taught by qualified Muslim Teachers to make the children aware the closeness of Islam to Christianity and Judaism which will help them to think about Islam, as “A Pragmatic and Modern Way of Life,” during their life time. Those state schools where Muslim children are in majority may be opted out as Muslim Academies. There are hundreds of state primary and secondary schools where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands. Iftikhar Ahmad London school of Islamics Trust[/p][/quote]"Islam is the fastest growing faith in Britain. Hundreds and thousands of Brits are reverting to Islam. By the middle of this century, over half of Brits would be Muslims. " Mainly due to certain breeding habits. The fastest growing thing in Britain is to actually have no faith, or at least none of the larger ones (so far!). Albion.
  • Score: 0

12:41pm Fri 28 Dec 12

loftyme says...

Iftikhar, you talk complete shiite, he posts the same islamic crap on here every week.
I agree its the fastest growing religion, because you have the breeding habits of wild animals.
Enough said, your the very reason we hate you all :)
Iftikhar, you talk complete shiite, he posts the same islamic crap on here every week. I agree its the fastest growing religion, because you have the breeding habits of wild animals. Enough said, your the very reason we hate you all :) loftyme
  • Score: 0

12:54pm Fri 28 Dec 12

loftyme says...

Direct from London School of Islamic Trust web site:
"The Church of England has thrown its weight behind an extraordinary proposal to unite Muslim, Jewish, Christian and Hindu children in the country’s first multi-faith secondary school. The plans, backed by leading figures, are aimed at transforming the image of faith-based education which has been criticized in the wake of last summer race riots. They hope that the 1000 pupils school planned for the London Borough of Westminster will be the first of a series of similar ventures around the country. It is described as a highly significant development, which will open the way to a new era in relations between Britain’s religious communities. Many Anglican schools already have a majority of children from other faiths. In my opinion, it is a Secularist plot to undermine faith schools. White Paper on Education endorsed to set up more faith schools to satisfy the needs and demands of religious communities. A few Muslims, Jewish and Christian’s secularists are against such schools and put forward a naive idea of Multifaith schools which is not going to be accepted by those who believe in choice and diversity in education"

So my chappati bro, you even go against writings from your own website !
Direct from London School of Islamic Trust web site: "The Church of England has thrown its weight behind an extraordinary proposal to unite Muslim, Jewish, Christian and Hindu children in the country’s first multi-faith secondary school. The plans, backed by leading figures, are aimed at transforming the image of faith-based education which has been criticized in the wake of last summer race riots. They hope that the 1000 pupils school planned for the London Borough of Westminster will be the first of a series of similar ventures around the country. It is described as a highly significant development, which will open the way to a new era in relations between Britain’s religious communities. Many Anglican schools already have a majority of children from other faiths. In my opinion, it is a Secularist plot to undermine faith schools. White Paper on Education endorsed to set up more faith schools to satisfy the needs and demands of religious communities. A few Muslims, Jewish and Christian’s secularists are against such schools and put forward a naive idea of Multifaith schools which is not going to be accepted by those who believe in choice and diversity in education" So my chappati bro, you even go against writings from your own website ! loftyme
  • Score: 0

1:38pm Fri 28 Dec 12

BertSanders says...

Iftikhar is a great in the Muslim faith. I believe he utters a great deal of misinformation to suit his cause. He may of course be right as we are so easy to manipulate and give way on almost everything as we do not wish to respond in anyway that might be consrued racist. The young are particularly complacent and the old I fear are rather stupid and powerless to react. It will come to pass, although financial constraint will delay progress.
Iftikhar is a great in the Muslim faith. I believe he utters a great deal of misinformation to suit his cause. He may of course be right as we are so easy to manipulate and give way on almost everything as we do not wish to respond in anyway that might be consrued racist. The young are particularly complacent and the old I fear are rather stupid and powerless to react. It will come to pass, although financial constraint will delay progress. BertSanders
  • Score: 0

3:06pm Fri 28 Dec 12

The Hoffster says...

loftyme wrote:
Iftikhar, you talk complete shiite, he posts the same islamic crap on here every week.
I agree its the fastest growing religion, because you have the breeding habits of wild animals.
Enough said, your the very reason we hate you all :)
Another vile Islamophobe dawns us with his presence.
[quote][p][bold]loftyme[/bold] wrote: Iftikhar, you talk complete shiite, he posts the same islamic crap on here every week. I agree its the fastest growing religion, because you have the breeding habits of wild animals. Enough said, your the very reason we hate you all :)[/p][/quote]Another vile Islamophobe dawns us with his presence. The Hoffster
  • Score: 0

4:07pm Fri 28 Dec 12

loftyme says...

Listen Hoffuc$er, call me what you want, keyboard bravado is a wonderful thing, actually i'm pro aryan, you will have to google it hofftwatster no doubt.
Listen Hoffuc$er, call me what you want, keyboard bravado is a wonderful thing, actually i'm pro aryan, you will have to google it hofftwatster no doubt. loftyme
  • Score: 0

4:10pm Fri 28 Dec 12

ANY WHERE BUT HERE says...

Blotto wrote:
No Education Minister has ever done anything that could called remotely be called a long term positive for the Children, Each successive Minister (Tory or Labour) have got further and further away from the proper basics of educating Children! The Bureaucrats encourage the half baked ideas of Politicians, the Unions also refuse to stop the Lunacy and Local Councils like Bradford help feed it! No wonder Standards have fallen badly and will continue to do so. We have to be thankful that still enough Children survive this totally inept Education System and are able to have a Future!
Spot on.
Councillor berry talks nonesense, he is actual'y on a board of goveners where the school is failing according to (ofsted). It doesnt look good when your the EXECUTIVE for childrens services. So just deny there's a problem.
[quote][p][bold]Blotto[/bold] wrote: No Education Minister has ever done anything that could called remotely be called a long term positive for the Children, Each successive Minister (Tory or Labour) have got further and further away from the proper basics of educating Children! The Bureaucrats encourage the half baked ideas of Politicians, the Unions also refuse to stop the Lunacy and Local Councils like Bradford help feed it! No wonder Standards have fallen badly and will continue to do so. We have to be thankful that still enough Children survive this totally inept Education System and are able to have a Future![/p][/quote]Spot on. Councillor berry talks nonesense, he is actual'y on a board of goveners where the school is failing according to (ofsted). It doesnt look good when your the EXECUTIVE for childrens services. So just deny there's a problem. ANY WHERE BUT HERE
  • Score: 0

5:38pm Fri 28 Dec 12

The Hoffster says...

loftyme wrote:
Listen Hoffuc$er, call me what you want, keyboard bravado is a wonderful thing, actually i'm pro aryan, you will have to google it hofftwatster no doubt.
No need to google anything. Your disgusting desire to have an all-White Britain is a sick dream.

The only time you'll see that is when it snows :)

Now go and toodle off to Sh!tfront with the rest of your vile ilk.
[quote][p][bold]loftyme[/bold] wrote: Listen Hoffuc$er, call me what you want, keyboard bravado is a wonderful thing, actually i'm pro aryan, you will have to google it hofftwatster no doubt.[/p][/quote]No need to google anything. Your disgusting desire to have an all-White Britain is a sick dream. The only time you'll see that is when it snows :) Now go and toodle off to Sh!tfront with the rest of your vile ilk. The Hoffster
  • Score: 0

8:24pm Fri 28 Dec 12

BertSanders says...

loftyme and The Hoffster bring hatred into the discussion. The Immigration system and Multi Cultural Society have done absolutely nothing for British Society - Bradford is a cauldron of discontent and the Politicians have tried to placate the issue as they want it -and they have failed - there is enormous discontent and I wonder what the future holds. I also wonder what would happen to a Christian Iftikhar who pontificated a similar discussion in Pakistan
loftyme and The Hoffster bring hatred into the discussion. The Immigration system and Multi Cultural Society have done absolutely nothing for British Society - Bradford is a cauldron of discontent and the Politicians have tried to placate the issue as they want it -and they have failed - there is enormous discontent and I wonder what the future holds. I also wonder what would happen to a Christian Iftikhar who pontificated a similar discussion in Pakistan BertSanders
  • Score: 0

9:23pm Fri 28 Dec 12

The Hoffster says...

BertSanders wrote:
loftyme and The Hoffster bring hatred into the discussion. The Immigration system and Multi Cultural Society have done absolutely nothing for British Society - Bradford is a cauldron of discontent and the Politicians have tried to placate the issue as they want it -and they have failed - there is enormous discontent and I wonder what the future holds. I also wonder what would happen to a Christian Iftikhar who pontificated a similar discussion in Pakistan
There's churches and temples in Pakistan. If only you'd open that ignorant mind of yours...

And the reason there's problems of a racial nature in Bradford is because of the majority indigenous folk; you know, those that live on sink estates who hate anything non-White.

I would urge you to address your comments at those animals.
[quote][p][bold]BertSanders[/bold] wrote: loftyme and The Hoffster bring hatred into the discussion. The Immigration system and Multi Cultural Society have done absolutely nothing for British Society - Bradford is a cauldron of discontent and the Politicians have tried to placate the issue as they want it -and they have failed - there is enormous discontent and I wonder what the future holds. I also wonder what would happen to a Christian Iftikhar who pontificated a similar discussion in Pakistan[/p][/quote]There's churches and temples in Pakistan. If only you'd open that ignorant mind of yours... And the reason there's problems of a racial nature in Bradford is because of the majority indigenous folk; you know, those that live on sink estates who hate anything non-White. I would urge you to address your comments at those animals. The Hoffster
  • Score: 0

6:34am Sat 29 Dec 12

Albion. says...

The Hoffster wrote:
BertSanders wrote:
loftyme and The Hoffster bring hatred into the discussion. The Immigration system and Multi Cultural Society have done absolutely nothing for British Society - Bradford is a cauldron of discontent and the Politicians have tried to placate the issue as they want it -and they have failed - there is enormous discontent and I wonder what the future holds. I also wonder what would happen to a Christian Iftikhar who pontificated a similar discussion in Pakistan
There's churches and temples in Pakistan. If only you'd open that ignorant mind of yours...

And the reason there's problems of a racial nature in Bradford is because of the majority indigenous folk; you know, those that live on sink estates who hate anything non-White.

I would urge you to address your comments at those animals.
There certainly are churches (quite a few have been burned down though) but all isn't peace and harmony.

http://www.gatestone
institute.org/3421/m
uslim-persecution-of
-christians-septembe
r-2012
[quote][p][bold]The Hoffster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BertSanders[/bold] wrote: loftyme and The Hoffster bring hatred into the discussion. The Immigration system and Multi Cultural Society have done absolutely nothing for British Society - Bradford is a cauldron of discontent and the Politicians have tried to placate the issue as they want it -and they have failed - there is enormous discontent and I wonder what the future holds. I also wonder what would happen to a Christian Iftikhar who pontificated a similar discussion in Pakistan[/p][/quote]There's churches and temples in Pakistan. If only you'd open that ignorant mind of yours... And the reason there's problems of a racial nature in Bradford is because of the majority indigenous folk; you know, those that live on sink estates who hate anything non-White. I would urge you to address your comments at those animals.[/p][/quote]There certainly are churches (quite a few have been burned down though) but all isn't peace and harmony. http://www.gatestone institute.org/3421/m uslim-persecution-of -christians-septembe r-2012 Albion.
  • Score: 0

10:28am Sat 29 Dec 12

loftyme says...

Go on Hofftwatster, have ago at someone else, @Bert, the hoffoocker is a boring ignorant to$$er, sink estate indeed, oh how you would be surprised at who I am and where I live, not all edl types live on chav estates and the villages surrounding the extremities of Bradford, as I said previously, you could win a gold medal in Keyboard Bravado Olympics.
Go on Hofftwatster, have ago at someone else, @Bert, the hoffoocker is a boring ignorant to$$er, sink estate indeed, oh how you would be surprised at who I am and where I live, not all edl types live on chav estates and the villages surrounding the extremities of Bradford, as I said previously, you could win a gold medal in Keyboard Bravado Olympics. loftyme
  • Score: 0

4:33pm Sat 29 Dec 12

BertSanders says...

"There are Churches and Temples in Pakistan if only you would open your ignorant mind"
The Hoffster - I bow to your superior interlect. Albion has already made the pertinent comment.
"There are Churches and Temples in Pakistan if only you would open your ignorant mind" The Hoffster - I bow to your superior interlect. Albion has already made the pertinent comment. BertSanders
  • Score: 0

5:51am Thu 3 Jan 13

Solumn says...

The bradford county related Education Foundation is a not-for-profit organization established in february by a group of concened citizens in Bradford County.http://www.in
crediblemotivation.c
om/spbc It is of standard one and makes better self growth.
The bradford county related Education Foundation is a not-for-profit organization established in february by a group of concened citizens in Bradford County.http://www.in crediblemotivation.c om/spbc It is of standard one and makes better self growth. Solumn
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree