Firefighters were called out to a fire in a furniture store in Manningham this afternoon.
The blaze, at a business in Alice Street, is thought to have been started by a wood burning stove, and crews from Bradford and Fairweather Green were called at around 1pm.
There were two members of staff present in the shop at the time, but they managed to escape without injury.
Fire crews used breathing apparatus and hoses to put out the fire, which was confined to the ground floor of the business. Although it caused smoke damage to a workshop area, it did not spread to neighbouring buildings.
Following the incident firefighters spent several hours on site damping down the building to prevent the fire from re-igniting.