Smoke alarms fitted after washing machine fire

(7576039)

(7576039)

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS who attended a washing machine fire ended up fitting two smoke alarms at the property and giving safety advice.

They were called to the incident on Pickles Lane, Great Horton, at about 5.30pm on Wednesday after fire developed in a washing machine. The damage was minor, caused by an electrical fault, but firefighters who attended found there was no smoke alarm and warned fires can develop undetected without an early warning.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree