Couple escape house fire

Firefighters at the scene of an incident

Firefighters at the scene of an incident

First published in News

A Lightcliffe couple managed to escape a house fire early in the morning after being woken up by their smoke alarm.

At around 3.30am yesterday, fire crews from Odsal and Brighouse were called to reports of a fire on Wakefield Road. On arrival they found a fire that had been started by an electrical fault in a fridge in the house's utility cupboard.

A smoke alarm had alerted the couple, believed to be in their 50s, to the fire, and their speedy escape meant they suffered only minor smoke inhalation.

The ground floor of the property has been left smoke damaged by the fire.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree