A BRADFORD doctor repeatedly sexually abused a girl at his home and in staff quarters at Airedale General Hospital, a jury has heard.

Ahmed Masood told the terrified child her parents would drop dead if she did not keep quiet, it is alleged.

Masood, 71, of Lampards Close, Allerton, Bradford, denies six charges of indecently assaulting the girl 30 years ago, when she was aged between seven and ten.

He was working at The Surgery, Bertram Road, Manningham, and, from 2006, Whetley Hill Medical Centre, on Saplin Street, the court was told.

His alleged victim, in her late 30s, said Masood first sexually assaulted her when she went to his house to feed the cats while his wife, also a doctor, was away in India.

After stopping at Morrisons supermarket, on Ingleby Road, Girlington, Bradford, for pet food, Masood called at another shop where he bought the girl sweets and rented a pornographic video, she told the police.

She said he molested her on the sofa while they watched the video and then sexually abused her on a bed upstairs, after washing her with a jug of water.

The woman wept as she said her family had trusted Masood, who was not her family doctor.

"He was charming and charismatic and really well known in the community," she said.

He was always "nice and pleasant" during the abuse, never horrible to her.

The jury was told that Masood took his alleged victim to Airedale Hospital and indecently assaulted her in staff accommodation.

The woman, whose father ran a business in central Bradford, said she recalled the hospital corridors when she was there years later.

Prosecutor Gerald Hendron said the Crown's case was that Masood sexually abused the woman "on numerous occasions."

The charges reflected a course of conduct, between 1982 and 1985.

The woman and her fiance confronted the GP in his surgery about what he had done to her, it is alleged.

Mr Hendron said she told her parents, a friend and work colleagues, after having flashbacks.

She went to the police after telling a doctor treating her for depression that she was suffering disturbing childhood memories.

Masood, who was arrested in July last year, made no reply to all questions put to him by the police, the jury was told.

The trial continues.