Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Badly burned man airlifted to hospital after garage blaze in Addingham
A man was airlifted to hospital suffering from “severe burns” after a fire in a garage at his home last night.
He was working alone on a motorbike in the detached garage in Moor Lane, Addingham, when the blaze started at about 7.20pm.
The man, who is believed to be in his 60s, was taken by air ambulance to a specialist burns unit at Pinderfields Hospital in Wakefield.
A spokesman for West Yorkshire Fire Service said the man had “severe burns to lower parts of his body”.