Bradford's foodbank helps record numbers

IN DEMAND: Ben Haldane, manager of the Bradford Foodbank with some of the food at the centre

IN DEMAND: Ben Haldane, manager of the Bradford Foodbank with some of the food at the centre

First published in News

Record numbers of people in “dire circumstances” have been receiving emergency supplies from the city’s central foodbank in the last year.

Figures released by the Trussell Trust today show a 260 per cent hike in the number of people receiving three days’ emergency food supply from its foodbanks in Yorkshire and Humberside and a 116 per cent increase in Bradford.

Bradford Central Foodbank, based at the Jubilee Centre in Jermyn Street, Bradford, is now feeding more than double the number of people for the second year in a row.

In 2013-14, 5,224 people were supported by the foodbank, up from 2,413 in 2012-13 and 1,136 in 2011-12. Of those 5,224 people helped in Bradford in the last financial year, 1,663 were children.

The city’s Trussell Trust Foodbank is run by The Light Church and provides clients – who are referred by a professional such as a social work or schools liaison officer – enough food to last three days.

It is giving out more than 1,000 meals every week. Today’s figures also show 53 per cent of referrals in Bradford last year were directly related to benefit changes or delays, up from 40 per cent the year before and 26 per cent in 2011-12. Bradford foodbank is part of the Trussell Trust’s network of 400 foodbanks which have fed more than 900,000 people in the last 12 months.

Today church leaders across the country will deliver a letter to all three major party leaders calling for urgent action. Ben Haldane, project manager at Bradford Central Foodbank, said: “We are fully behind this letter to the party leaders. We are seeing more and more people coming to us in dire circumstances and often this is due to problems with benefits. We wish we didn’t have to exist but we are finding that for many we are the only place to fall back on. I am very grateful for the support that the people of Bradford continue to give us but hope that as time goes on we will not be needed as much as we are now.”

Regionally, 37,403 people received emergency supplies from Trussell Trust foodbanks in 2013-14 – compared to 10,380 the previous year.

The charity blames static incomes, rising living costs, low pay, underemployment and problems with welfare.

Its chairman Chris Mould said: “That 37,403 people in Yorkshire and Humberside have received three days’ food from a foodbank, over triple the numbers helped last year, is shocking in 21st century Britain.

“But perhaps most worrying of all this figure is just the tip of the iceberg of UK food poverty, it doesn’t include those helped by other emergency food providers, those living in towns where there is no foodbank, people who are too ashamed to seek help or the large number of people who are only just coping by eating less and buying cheap food.”

Comments (51)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:06am Wed 16 Apr 14

Andy2010 says...

You offer something for free then people will stop paying for it
You offer something for free then people will stop paying for it Andy2010
  • Score: 5

10:13am Wed 16 Apr 14

Jos7764 says...

May be more inclined to give if people didnt turn up with the i phone 5.
May be more inclined to give if people didnt turn up with the i phone 5. Jos7764
  • Score: 4

10:20am Wed 16 Apr 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Gives them more money to spend on special brew and fags. The governments efforts to get them off their ar$es to work fail as they keep their cushy lifestyle of being smacked off their head and not working.
Gives them more money to spend on special brew and fags. The governments efforts to get them off their ar$es to work fail as they keep their cushy lifestyle of being smacked off their head and not working. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -1

10:23am Wed 16 Apr 14

pww of idle says...

GENUINE NEEDY should be helped - no question ! What I find untrue is those who turn up with phones , big cars , chain smoking & tattoos - ALL costing a lot of money ! As above , anything FREE for some means more money to be spent in the pub etc.
GENUINE NEEDY should be helped - no question ! What I find untrue is those who turn up with phones , big cars , chain smoking & tattoos - ALL costing a lot of money ! As above , anything FREE for some means more money to be spent in the pub etc. pww of idle
  • Score: 11

10:34am Wed 16 Apr 14

pcmanners says...

Charities should not undermine Government policy which is to use starvation to force the lazy to get a job. It's the only weapon left to use on benefit scroungers who think the state is just there to keep them in idleness.

Poverty is a choice made by the thick and the do-nothings. They have to be taught to live with the consequences. The next Conservative Government will do away with the freebies like health and education. The poor will then have to shape up or bear the consequences.
Charities should not undermine Government policy which is to use starvation to force the lazy to get a job. It's the only weapon left to use on benefit scroungers who think the state is just there to keep them in idleness. Poverty is a choice made by the thick and the do-nothings. They have to be taught to live with the consequences. The next Conservative Government will do away with the freebies like health and education. The poor will then have to shape up or bear the consequences. pcmanners
  • Score: -8

11:49am Wed 16 Apr 14

Avro says...

Andy2010 wrote:
You offer something for free then people will stop paying for it
And another reason not to earn a living!
[quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: You offer something for free then people will stop paying for it[/p][/quote]And another reason not to earn a living! Avro
  • Score: -11

11:53am Wed 16 Apr 14

Avro says...

Would be interesting to see what proof of “dire circumstances” are provided?

Would also be a good point in time to call a halt to foreign aid payments if our own are in such dire circumstances!
Would be interesting to see what proof of “dire circumstances” are provided? Would also be a good point in time to call a halt to foreign aid payments if our own are in such dire circumstances! Avro
  • Score: 17

12:03pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Andy2010 says...

Avro wrote:
Would be interesting to see what proof of “dire circumstances” are provided?

Would also be a good point in time to call a halt to foreign aid payments if our own are in such dire circumstances!
You should watch the Panorama program on it. The councils are now also giving money to these businesses (yes they are businesses not charities) and the program concluded that about 50% of the customers were from Europe and the about 40% could actually afford food but chose to spend the money on other things firstly because they knew they could use this service (even if they had children)

The remaining were genuine claimants and most of these were only attending by way of a DWP referral until they received some benefits through.
[quote][p][bold]Avro[/bold] wrote: Would be interesting to see what proof of “dire circumstances” are provided? Would also be a good point in time to call a halt to foreign aid payments if our own are in such dire circumstances![/p][/quote]You should watch the Panorama program on it. The councils are now also giving money to these businesses (yes they are businesses not charities) and the program concluded that about 50% of the customers were from Europe and the about 40% could actually afford food but chose to spend the money on other things firstly because they knew they could use this service (even if they had children) The remaining were genuine claimants and most of these were only attending by way of a DWP referral until they received some benefits through. Andy2010
  • Score: 3

12:17pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Apollo says...

I am a long way from convinced that anyone in this country is in such dire circumstances as to require that they be given free food from food bank.

However, I accept that for a very small number it may be the case. All others who accept this are scroungers to whom the 'dire circumstances' are a lifestyle choice or as a result thereof.

If you look at the majority they will be drinkers, smokers, drug users, mobile phone owning, Sky watching wasters.

What means test is done to determine genuine need?
I am a long way from convinced that anyone in this country is in such dire circumstances as to require that they be given free food from food bank. However, I accept that for a very small number it may be the case. All others who accept this are scroungers to whom the 'dire circumstances' are a lifestyle choice or as a result thereof. If you look at the majority they will be drinkers, smokers, drug users, mobile phone owning, Sky watching wasters. What means test is done to determine genuine need? Apollo
  • Score: 6

12:56pm Wed 16 Apr 14

shipley pride says...

Shocked and saddened by the comments here, people are starving to death after having benefits sanctioned. How can a person have an IPhone, car, drink and smoke on the single persons rate of £72.40. Mark Wood starved to death after his benefits were cut.
Shocked and saddened by the comments here, people are starving to death after having benefits sanctioned. How can a person have an IPhone, car, drink and smoke on the single persons rate of £72.40. Mark Wood starved to death after his benefits were cut. shipley pride
  • Score: 16

12:58pm Wed 16 Apr 14

The Hoffster says...

Dire circumstances = ran out of fags, Sky subscription ended, and there's no booze in the fridge.
Dire circumstances = ran out of fags, Sky subscription ended, and there's no booze in the fridge. The Hoffster
  • Score: -7

1:19pm Wed 16 Apr 14

The Hoffster says...

shipley pride wrote:
Shocked and saddened by the comments here, people are starving to death after having benefits sanctioned. How can a person have an IPhone, car, drink and smoke on the single persons rate of £72.40. Mark Wood starved to death after his benefits were cut.
We're referring to those who are abusing these food banks (and no doubt their benefits too).
[quote][p][bold]shipley pride[/bold] wrote: Shocked and saddened by the comments here, people are starving to death after having benefits sanctioned. How can a person have an IPhone, car, drink and smoke on the single persons rate of £72.40. Mark Wood starved to death after his benefits were cut.[/p][/quote]We're referring to those who are abusing these food banks (and no doubt their benefits too). The Hoffster
  • Score: -6

1:22pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Andy2010 says...

shipley pride wrote:
Shocked and saddened by the comments here, people are starving to death after having benefits sanctioned. How can a person have an IPhone, car, drink and smoke on the single persons rate of £72.40. Mark Wood starved to death after his benefits were cut.
lol...."starving" to death

Yeah proper third world country isnt it.

I would love to send a load of benefit scroungers (careers ones) to a proper poor country for 6 months and see how they survive
[quote][p][bold]shipley pride[/bold] wrote: Shocked and saddened by the comments here, people are starving to death after having benefits sanctioned. How can a person have an IPhone, car, drink and smoke on the single persons rate of £72.40. Mark Wood starved to death after his benefits were cut.[/p][/quote]lol...."starving" to death Yeah proper third world country isnt it. I would love to send a load of benefit scroungers (careers ones) to a proper poor country for 6 months and see how they survive Andy2010
  • Score: -1

2:46pm Wed 16 Apr 14

RollandSmoke says...

I see that despite being told repeatedly that no-one can get anything without a referral and it also mentioning it in the article the Tory scum are still skipping over that fact as it doesn't fit with the BS and lies that they spout. The only truthful comment from any of the right wing sickos is where pcmanners says "Charities should not undermine Government policy which is to use starvation to force the lazy to get a job". Now if anyone can explain how starving people creates jobs I would be very interested. Are we suggesting that the upturn in trade for funeral directors is somehow going to solve the jobs crisis? Well done everyone for reminding me how stupid the right wing scum are.
I see that despite being told repeatedly that no-one can get anything without a referral and it also mentioning it in the article the Tory scum are still skipping over that fact as it doesn't fit with the BS and lies that they spout. The only truthful comment from any of the right wing sickos is where pcmanners says "Charities should not undermine Government policy which is to use starvation to force the lazy to get a job". Now if anyone can explain how starving people creates jobs I would be very interested. Are we suggesting that the upturn in trade for funeral directors is somehow going to solve the jobs crisis? Well done everyone for reminding me how stupid the right wing scum are. RollandSmoke
  • Score: 4

2:56pm Wed 16 Apr 14

allinittogether says...

The usual trolling by the usual trolls.
Where in the article is there any reference to iPhones, Sky TV, drink, cigarettes etc?
The usual trolling by the usual trolls. Where in the article is there any reference to iPhones, Sky TV, drink, cigarettes etc? allinittogether
  • Score: 12

3:00pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Andy2010 says...

allinittogether wrote:
The usual trolling by the usual trolls.
Where in the article is there any reference to iPhones, Sky TV, drink, cigarettes etc?
There isnt but feel free to visit a foodbank and view the queue of the "customers".

You will find all sorts of people with all sorts of addictions for a start. Its also interesting viewing some of the cars the "Customers" turn up in

Makes you think
[quote][p][bold]allinittogether[/bold] wrote: The usual trolling by the usual trolls. Where in the article is there any reference to iPhones, Sky TV, drink, cigarettes etc?[/p][/quote]There isnt but feel free to visit a foodbank and view the queue of the "customers". You will find all sorts of people with all sorts of addictions for a start. Its also interesting viewing some of the cars the "Customers" turn up in Makes you think Andy2010
  • Score: 3

3:02pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Andy2010 says...

RollandSmoke wrote:
I see that despite being told repeatedly that no-one can get anything without a referral and it also mentioning it in the article the Tory scum are still skipping over that fact as it doesn't fit with the BS and lies that they spout. The only truthful comment from any of the right wing sickos is where pcmanners says "Charities should not undermine Government policy which is to use starvation to force the lazy to get a job". Now if anyone can explain how starving people creates jobs I would be very interested. Are we suggesting that the upturn in trade for funeral directors is somehow going to solve the jobs crisis? Well done everyone for reminding me how stupid the right wing scum are.
" Now if anyone can explain how starving people creates jobs I would be very interested."

Just lol

Typical left wing scum comment
[quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: I see that despite being told repeatedly that no-one can get anything without a referral and it also mentioning it in the article the Tory scum are still skipping over that fact as it doesn't fit with the BS and lies that they spout. The only truthful comment from any of the right wing sickos is where pcmanners says "Charities should not undermine Government policy which is to use starvation to force the lazy to get a job". Now if anyone can explain how starving people creates jobs I would be very interested. Are we suggesting that the upturn in trade for funeral directors is somehow going to solve the jobs crisis? Well done everyone for reminding me how stupid the right wing scum are.[/p][/quote]" Now if anyone can explain how starving people creates jobs I would be very interested." Just lol Typical left wing scum comment Andy2010
  • Score: -6

3:15pm Wed 16 Apr 14

thatsnotmyname says...

Andy2010 wrote:
allinittogether wrote:
The usual trolling by the usual trolls.
Where in the article is there any reference to iPhones, Sky TV, drink, cigarettes etc?
There isnt but feel free to visit a foodbank and view the queue of the "customers".

You will find all sorts of people with all sorts of addictions for a start. Its also interesting viewing some of the cars the "Customers" turn up in

Makes you think
What a loads of toss..bet you've never been near one. Do you really think someone in a flash car is going to spend their time going to get a referral then going to queue at a foodbank for £20 food?
[quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]allinittogether[/bold] wrote: The usual trolling by the usual trolls. Where in the article is there any reference to iPhones, Sky TV, drink, cigarettes etc?[/p][/quote]There isnt but feel free to visit a foodbank and view the queue of the "customers". You will find all sorts of people with all sorts of addictions for a start. Its also interesting viewing some of the cars the "Customers" turn up in Makes you think[/p][/quote]What a loads of toss..bet you've never been near one. Do you really think someone in a flash car is going to spend their time going to get a referral then going to queue at a foodbank for £20 food? thatsnotmyname
  • Score: 12

3:18pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Farsley Bantam says...

RollandSmoke wrote:
I see that despite being told repeatedly that no-one can get anything without a referral and it also mentioning it in the article the Tory scum are still skipping over that fact as it doesn't fit with the BS and lies that they spout. The only truthful comment from any of the right wing sickos is where pcmanners says "Charities should not undermine Government policy which is to use starvation to force the lazy to get a job". Now if anyone can explain how starving people creates jobs I would be very interested. Are we suggesting that the upturn in trade for funeral directors is somehow going to solve the jobs crisis? Well done everyone for reminding me how stupid the right wing scum are.
'who are referred by a professional such as a social work or schools liaison officer'

Basically scummy parents p1ss their benefits up the wall, have no money left to feed the kids and the school or social worker has noticed that the kids are arriving at school hungry so refer them to the foodbanks.
[quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: I see that despite being told repeatedly that no-one can get anything without a referral and it also mentioning it in the article the Tory scum are still skipping over that fact as it doesn't fit with the BS and lies that they spout. The only truthful comment from any of the right wing sickos is where pcmanners says "Charities should not undermine Government policy which is to use starvation to force the lazy to get a job". Now if anyone can explain how starving people creates jobs I would be very interested. Are we suggesting that the upturn in trade for funeral directors is somehow going to solve the jobs crisis? Well done everyone for reminding me how stupid the right wing scum are.[/p][/quote]'who are referred by a professional such as a social work or schools liaison officer' Basically scummy parents p1ss their benefits up the wall, have no money left to feed the kids and the school or social worker has noticed that the kids are arriving at school hungry so refer them to the foodbanks. Farsley Bantam
  • Score: -4

3:48pm Wed 16 Apr 14

allinittogether says...

Farsley Bantam wrote:
RollandSmoke wrote:
I see that despite being told repeatedly that no-one can get anything without a referral and it also mentioning it in the article the Tory scum are still skipping over that fact as it doesn't fit with the BS and lies that they spout. The only truthful comment from any of the right wing sickos is where pcmanners says "Charities should not undermine Government policy which is to use starvation to force the lazy to get a job". Now if anyone can explain how starving people creates jobs I would be very interested. Are we suggesting that the upturn in trade for funeral directors is somehow going to solve the jobs crisis? Well done everyone for reminding me how stupid the right wing scum are.
'who are referred by a professional such as a social work or schools liaison officer'

Basically scummy parents p1ss their benefits up the wall, have no money left to feed the kids and the school or social worker has noticed that the kids are arriving at school hungry so refer them to the foodbanks.
If that is the case surely the foodbanks are serving a social good by intervening or are you advocating that the children should suffer for the sins of their parents?
[quote][p][bold]Farsley Bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: I see that despite being told repeatedly that no-one can get anything without a referral and it also mentioning it in the article the Tory scum are still skipping over that fact as it doesn't fit with the BS and lies that they spout. The only truthful comment from any of the right wing sickos is where pcmanners says "Charities should not undermine Government policy which is to use starvation to force the lazy to get a job". Now if anyone can explain how starving people creates jobs I would be very interested. Are we suggesting that the upturn in trade for funeral directors is somehow going to solve the jobs crisis? Well done everyone for reminding me how stupid the right wing scum are.[/p][/quote]'who are referred by a professional such as a social work or schools liaison officer' Basically scummy parents p1ss their benefits up the wall, have no money left to feed the kids and the school or social worker has noticed that the kids are arriving at school hungry so refer them to the foodbanks.[/p][/quote]If that is the case surely the foodbanks are serving a social good by intervening or are you advocating that the children should suffer for the sins of their parents? allinittogether
  • Score: 11

3:51pm Wed 16 Apr 14

allinittogether says...

Andy2010 wrote:
allinittogether wrote:
The usual trolling by the usual trolls.
Where in the article is there any reference to iPhones, Sky TV, drink, cigarettes etc?
There isnt but feel free to visit a foodbank and view the queue of the "customers".

You will find all sorts of people with all sorts of addictions for a start. Its also interesting viewing some of the cars the "Customers" turn up in

Makes you think
Can you back up his assertion Andy? You have personally observed these queues then have you? Or was it a friend of a Daily Mail reading friend who saw them?
[quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]allinittogether[/bold] wrote: The usual trolling by the usual trolls. Where in the article is there any reference to iPhones, Sky TV, drink, cigarettes etc?[/p][/quote]There isnt but feel free to visit a foodbank and view the queue of the "customers". You will find all sorts of people with all sorts of addictions for a start. Its also interesting viewing some of the cars the "Customers" turn up in Makes you think[/p][/quote]Can you back up his assertion Andy? You have personally observed these queues then have you? Or was it a friend of a Daily Mail reading friend who saw them? allinittogether
  • Score: 10

3:58pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Farsley Bantam says...

allinittogether wrote:
Farsley Bantam wrote:
RollandSmoke wrote: I see that despite being told repeatedly that no-one can get anything without a referral and it also mentioning it in the article the Tory scum are still skipping over that fact as it doesn't fit with the BS and lies that they spout. The only truthful comment from any of the right wing sickos is where pcmanners says "Charities should not undermine Government policy which is to use starvation to force the lazy to get a job". Now if anyone can explain how starving people creates jobs I would be very interested. Are we suggesting that the upturn in trade for funeral directors is somehow going to solve the jobs crisis? Well done everyone for reminding me how stupid the right wing scum are.
'who are referred by a professional such as a social work or schools liaison officer' Basically scummy parents p1ss their benefits up the wall, have no money left to feed the kids and the school or social worker has noticed that the kids are arriving at school hungry so refer them to the foodbanks.
If that is the case surely the foodbanks are serving a social good by intervening or are you advocating that the children should suffer for the sins of their parents?
Of course I'm not suggesting the children should starve because of their parents' ineptitude.
The point is that it is because of the parents' financial mismanagement and recklessness that they need the foodbanks, not because of the 'Tory scum'. They are refered because the social services have noticed that the money is not being spend on feeding the kids.
[quote][p][bold]allinittogether[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Farsley Bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: I see that despite being told repeatedly that no-one can get anything without a referral and it also mentioning it in the article the Tory scum are still skipping over that fact as it doesn't fit with the BS and lies that they spout. The only truthful comment from any of the right wing sickos is where pcmanners says "Charities should not undermine Government policy which is to use starvation to force the lazy to get a job". Now if anyone can explain how starving people creates jobs I would be very interested. Are we suggesting that the upturn in trade for funeral directors is somehow going to solve the jobs crisis? Well done everyone for reminding me how stupid the right wing scum are.[/p][/quote]'who are referred by a professional such as a social work or schools liaison officer' Basically scummy parents p1ss their benefits up the wall, have no money left to feed the kids and the school or social worker has noticed that the kids are arriving at school hungry so refer them to the foodbanks.[/p][/quote]If that is the case surely the foodbanks are serving a social good by intervening or are you advocating that the children should suffer for the sins of their parents?[/p][/quote]Of course I'm not suggesting the children should starve because of their parents' ineptitude. The point is that it is because of the parents' financial mismanagement and recklessness that they need the foodbanks, not because of the 'Tory scum'. They are refered because the social services have noticed that the money is not being spend on feeding the kids. Farsley Bantam
  • Score: -2

3:58pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Avro says...

Andy2010 wrote:
Avro wrote:
Would be interesting to see what proof of “dire circumstances” are provided?

Would also be a good point in time to call a halt to foreign aid payments if our own are in such dire circumstances!
You should watch the Panorama program on it. The councils are now also giving money to these businesses (yes they are businesses not charities) and the program concluded that about 50% of the customers were from Europe and the about 40% could actually afford food but chose to spend the money on other things firstly because they knew they could use this service (even if they had children)

The remaining were genuine claimants and most of these were only attending by way of a DWP referral until they received some benefits through.
Also the business' that donate cast-off food, claim the loss against tax, so its no wonder they are happy to donate rather than destroy!
[quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Avro[/bold] wrote: Would be interesting to see what proof of “dire circumstances” are provided? Would also be a good point in time to call a halt to foreign aid payments if our own are in such dire circumstances![/p][/quote]You should watch the Panorama program on it. The councils are now also giving money to these businesses (yes they are businesses not charities) and the program concluded that about 50% of the customers were from Europe and the about 40% could actually afford food but chose to spend the money on other things firstly because they knew they could use this service (even if they had children) The remaining were genuine claimants and most of these were only attending by way of a DWP referral until they received some benefits through.[/p][/quote]Also the business' that donate cast-off food, claim the loss against tax, so its no wonder they are happy to donate rather than destroy! Avro
  • Score: 2

4:12pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Andy2010 says...

allinittogether wrote:
Andy2010 wrote:
allinittogether wrote:
The usual trolling by the usual trolls.
Where in the article is there any reference to iPhones, Sky TV, drink, cigarettes etc?
There isnt but feel free to visit a foodbank and view the queue of the "customers".

You will find all sorts of people with all sorts of addictions for a start. Its also interesting viewing some of the cars the "Customers" turn up in

Makes you think
Can you back up his assertion Andy? You have personally observed these queues then have you? Or was it a friend of a Daily Mail reading friend who saw them?
I don't need to

I would suggest you watch the unbiased Panorama program on the issue.

I would totally understand the need for foodbanks etc if there was no social security system and totally agree in that handouts should take place when a claimant is receiving NO money from the state but not when they are no matter how small the payment is
[quote][p][bold]allinittogether[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]allinittogether[/bold] wrote: The usual trolling by the usual trolls. Where in the article is there any reference to iPhones, Sky TV, drink, cigarettes etc?[/p][/quote]There isnt but feel free to visit a foodbank and view the queue of the "customers". You will find all sorts of people with all sorts of addictions for a start. Its also interesting viewing some of the cars the "Customers" turn up in Makes you think[/p][/quote]Can you back up his assertion Andy? You have personally observed these queues then have you? Or was it a friend of a Daily Mail reading friend who saw them?[/p][/quote]I don't need to I would suggest you watch the unbiased Panorama program on the issue. I would totally understand the need for foodbanks etc if there was no social security system and totally agree in that handouts should take place when a claimant is receiving NO money from the state but not when they are no matter how small the payment is Andy2010
  • Score: -6

4:15pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Andy2010 says...

Avro wrote:
Andy2010 wrote:
Avro wrote:
Would be interesting to see what proof of “dire circumstances” are provided?

Would also be a good point in time to call a halt to foreign aid payments if our own are in such dire circumstances!
You should watch the Panorama program on it. The councils are now also giving money to these businesses (yes they are businesses not charities) and the program concluded that about 50% of the customers were from Europe and the about 40% could actually afford food but chose to spend the money on other things firstly because they knew they could use this service (even if they had children)

The remaining were genuine claimants and most of these were only attending by way of a DWP referral until they received some benefits through.
Also the business' that donate cast-off food, claim the loss against tax, so its no wonder they are happy to donate rather than destroy!
Exactly

People are so short sighted and think that because a number of these "businesses" have sprung up then that means there is a demand.

It isn't the demand that driving these businesses its profit.

Still though no doubt the left wing will forget about that fact like they do when it suits them
[quote][p][bold]Avro[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Avro[/bold] wrote: Would be interesting to see what proof of “dire circumstances” are provided? Would also be a good point in time to call a halt to foreign aid payments if our own are in such dire circumstances![/p][/quote]You should watch the Panorama program on it. The councils are now also giving money to these businesses (yes they are businesses not charities) and the program concluded that about 50% of the customers were from Europe and the about 40% could actually afford food but chose to spend the money on other things firstly because they knew they could use this service (even if they had children) The remaining were genuine claimants and most of these were only attending by way of a DWP referral until they received some benefits through.[/p][/quote]Also the business' that donate cast-off food, claim the loss against tax, so its no wonder they are happy to donate rather than destroy![/p][/quote]Exactly People are so short sighted and think that because a number of these "businesses" have sprung up then that means there is a demand. It isn't the demand that driving these businesses its profit. Still though no doubt the left wing will forget about that fact like they do when it suits them Andy2010
  • Score: -3

4:46pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Not so simple says...

Just goes to show that the economic recovery is well underway !
Just goes to show that the economic recovery is well underway ! Not so simple
  • Score: 6

5:16pm Wed 16 Apr 14

RollandSmoke says...

Is this really what Jesus would have wanted? Apparently so according to Cameron although whether he spoke directly to delusional Dave is unclear. People have been sectioned for less.
Is this really what Jesus would have wanted? Apparently so according to Cameron although whether he spoke directly to delusional Dave is unclear. People have been sectioned for less. RollandSmoke
  • Score: -3

5:31pm Wed 16 Apr 14

allinittogether says...

Andy2010 wrote:
Avro wrote:
Andy2010 wrote:
Avro wrote:
Would be interesting to see what proof of “dire circumstances” are provided?

Would also be a good point in time to call a halt to foreign aid payments if our own are in such dire circumstances!
You should watch the Panorama program on it. The councils are now also giving money to these businesses (yes they are businesses not charities) and the program concluded that about 50% of the customers were from Europe and the about 40% could actually afford food but chose to spend the money on other things firstly because they knew they could use this service (even if they had children)

The remaining were genuine claimants and most of these were only attending by way of a DWP referral until they received some benefits through.
Also the business' that donate cast-off food, claim the loss against tax, so its no wonder they are happy to donate rather than destroy!
Exactly

People are so short sighted and think that because a number of these "businesses" have sprung up then that means there is a demand.

It isn't the demand that driving these businesses its profit.

Still though no doubt the left wing will forget about that fact like they do when it suits them
Would that be that nasty left wing biased BBC?
If what you say is true then that truly is appalling though I'd never thought I'd see you criticising a profit motive. Equally, of course there's a demand; first rule of business ;-)
[quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Avro[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Avro[/bold] wrote: Would be interesting to see what proof of “dire circumstances” are provided? Would also be a good point in time to call a halt to foreign aid payments if our own are in such dire circumstances![/p][/quote]You should watch the Panorama program on it. The councils are now also giving money to these businesses (yes they are businesses not charities) and the program concluded that about 50% of the customers were from Europe and the about 40% could actually afford food but chose to spend the money on other things firstly because they knew they could use this service (even if they had children) The remaining were genuine claimants and most of these were only attending by way of a DWP referral until they received some benefits through.[/p][/quote]Also the business' that donate cast-off food, claim the loss against tax, so its no wonder they are happy to donate rather than destroy![/p][/quote]Exactly People are so short sighted and think that because a number of these "businesses" have sprung up then that means there is a demand. It isn't the demand that driving these businesses its profit. Still though no doubt the left wing will forget about that fact like they do when it suits them[/p][/quote]Would that be that nasty left wing biased BBC? If what you say is true then that truly is appalling though I'd never thought I'd see you criticising a profit motive. Equally, of course there's a demand; first rule of business ;-) allinittogether
  • Score: 4

5:35pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Class_War says...

Some of the views expressed in this commentary section are thoroughly disgusting. There is evidently a very malicious, selfish, and vindictive but all too vocal minority in Britain today. Very sad.

On the subject of Foodbanks, there is one chief cause of their ever-growing necessity, and that is Benefit Sanctions that leave often already vulnerable people in utter destitution. Benefit Sanctions are a form of State Terrorism, used to intimidate a section of the public, and must be stopped:

http://johnnyvoid.wo
rdpress.com/2013/10/
27/benefit-sanctions
-are-state-terrorism
-and-must-be-stopped
-without-exceptions/



https://you.38degree
s.org.uk/petitions/b
enefit-sanctions-mus
t-be-stopped-without
-exceptions-in-uk

.
Furthermore, the DWP are ignoring FOI Request Rulings and are suppressing an official Report that shows that Benefit Sanctions are ineffective in getting people into work:

http://johnnyvoid.wo
rdpress.com/2014/04/
16/dwp-block-report-
to-cover-up-work-pro
gramme/
Some of the views expressed in this commentary section are thoroughly disgusting. There is evidently a very malicious, selfish, and vindictive but all too vocal minority in Britain today. Very sad. On the subject of Foodbanks, there is one chief cause of their ever-growing necessity, and that is Benefit Sanctions that leave often already vulnerable people in utter destitution. Benefit Sanctions are a form of State Terrorism, used to intimidate a section of the public, and must be stopped: http://johnnyvoid.wo rdpress.com/2013/10/ 27/benefit-sanctions -are-state-terrorism -and-must-be-stopped -without-exceptions/ https://you.38degree s.org.uk/petitions/b enefit-sanctions-mus t-be-stopped-without -exceptions-in-uk . Furthermore, the DWP are ignoring FOI Request Rulings and are suppressing an official Report that shows that Benefit Sanctions are ineffective in getting people into work: http://johnnyvoid.wo rdpress.com/2014/04/ 16/dwp-block-report- to-cover-up-work-pro gramme/ Class_War
  • Score: 4

5:40pm Wed 16 Apr 14

linebacker2 says...

allinittogether wrote:
Andy2010 wrote:
allinittogether wrote:
The usual trolling by the usual trolls.
Where in the article is there any reference to iPhones, Sky TV, drink, cigarettes etc?
There isnt but feel free to visit a foodbank and view the queue of the "customers".

You will find all sorts of people with all sorts of addictions for a start. Its also interesting viewing some of the cars the "Customers" turn up in

Makes you think
Can you back up his assertion Andy? You have personally observed these queues then have you? Or was it a friend of a Daily Mail reading friend who saw them?
A friend rents out properties and has had viewings from people on benefits. It's quite common for them to turn up in pretty good cars, have latest iphones and they nearly always ask about getting Sky installed. It's not just a DM cliche
[quote][p][bold]allinittogether[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]allinittogether[/bold] wrote: The usual trolling by the usual trolls. Where in the article is there any reference to iPhones, Sky TV, drink, cigarettes etc?[/p][/quote]There isnt but feel free to visit a foodbank and view the queue of the "customers". You will find all sorts of people with all sorts of addictions for a start. Its also interesting viewing some of the cars the "Customers" turn up in Makes you think[/p][/quote]Can you back up his assertion Andy? You have personally observed these queues then have you? Or was it a friend of a Daily Mail reading friend who saw them?[/p][/quote]A friend rents out properties and has had viewings from people on benefits. It's quite common for them to turn up in pretty good cars, have latest iphones and they nearly always ask about getting Sky installed. It's not just a DM cliche linebacker2
  • Score: 0

5:41pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Class_War says...

In this deep Economic Depression that we are still in, it is hard enough to survive on State Benefits in the first place, even without the grossly unjust Benefit Sanctions, and that's also because the British people are being robbed of their Rightful entitlement by the British Government who flagrantly continue to flout the Law:

http://welfarenewsse
rvice.com/level-uk-b
enefits-inadequate-s
ays-council-europe/
In this deep Economic Depression that we are still in, it is hard enough to survive on State Benefits in the first place, even without the grossly unjust Benefit Sanctions, and that's also because the British people are being robbed of their Rightful entitlement by the British Government who flagrantly continue to flout the Law: http://welfarenewsse rvice.com/level-uk-b enefits-inadequate-s ays-council-europe/ Class_War
  • Score: -4

5:44pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Class_War says...

Andy has nothing better to do than furtively lurk about outside Foodbanks, envying other people for he thinks they might have. What a sad pathetic loser.
Andy has nothing better to do than furtively lurk about outside Foodbanks, envying other people for he thinks they might have. What a sad pathetic loser. Class_War
  • Score: -2

5:58pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Class_War says...

One more thing; the Foodbank situation is about to get worse, MUCH worse! After April 28th Osborne's new employment scheme begins, whereby the Unemployed will be required to work full-time in return for their Benefits but for no Wage. Now, I'm guessing that most people, like me, will refuse to work for no wage, and will instead take the 'option' of having Benefits 'Sanctioned'. This will obviously lead to a massive increase in the need for food as tens of thousands of starving people will descend upon Foodbanks and Soupkitchens. Crime will go through the roof and Marshall Law will be imposed. You heard it here. Don't believe? Wait and see...
One more thing; the Foodbank situation is about to get worse, MUCH worse! After April 28th Osborne's new employment scheme begins, whereby the Unemployed will be required to work full-time in return for their Benefits but for no Wage. Now, I'm guessing that most people, like me, will refuse to work for no wage, and will instead take the 'option' of having Benefits 'Sanctioned'. This will obviously lead to a massive increase in the need for food as tens of thousands of starving people will descend upon Foodbanks and Soupkitchens. Crime will go through the roof and Marshall Law will be imposed. You heard it here. Don't believe? Wait and see... Class_War
  • Score: -9

6:00pm Wed 16 Apr 14

RollandSmoke says...

linebacker2 wrote:
allinittogether wrote:
Andy2010 wrote:
allinittogether wrote:
The usual trolling by the usual trolls.
Where in the article is there any reference to iPhones, Sky TV, drink, cigarettes etc?
There isnt but feel free to visit a foodbank and view the queue of the "customers".

You will find all sorts of people with all sorts of addictions for a start. Its also interesting viewing some of the cars the "Customers" turn up in

Makes you think
Can you back up his assertion Andy? You have personally observed these queues then have you? Or was it a friend of a Daily Mail reading friend who saw them?
A friend rents out properties and has had viewings from people on benefits. It's quite common for them to turn up in pretty good cars, have latest iphones and they nearly always ask about getting Sky installed. It's not just a DM cliche
How much does your friend profit from the taxpayer through housing benefits for the properties he lets out? Are his rents on a par with social housing or is he milking the benefits system and inflating the amount of overall benefits that his tenants require for which his tenants will be blamed?
So If someone turns up for a viewing in a car it's definitely their car is it? Perhaps your lack of good will has made you unfamiliar with the concept of people getting lifts?
[quote][p][bold]linebacker2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]allinittogether[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]allinittogether[/bold] wrote: The usual trolling by the usual trolls. Where in the article is there any reference to iPhones, Sky TV, drink, cigarettes etc?[/p][/quote]There isnt but feel free to visit a foodbank and view the queue of the "customers". You will find all sorts of people with all sorts of addictions for a start. Its also interesting viewing some of the cars the "Customers" turn up in Makes you think[/p][/quote]Can you back up his assertion Andy? You have personally observed these queues then have you? Or was it a friend of a Daily Mail reading friend who saw them?[/p][/quote]A friend rents out properties and has had viewings from people on benefits. It's quite common for them to turn up in pretty good cars, have latest iphones and they nearly always ask about getting Sky installed. It's not just a DM cliche[/p][/quote]How much does your friend profit from the taxpayer through housing benefits for the properties he lets out? Are his rents on a par with social housing or is he milking the benefits system and inflating the amount of overall benefits that his tenants require for which his tenants will be blamed? So If someone turns up for a viewing in a car it's definitely their car is it? Perhaps your lack of good will has made you unfamiliar with the concept of people getting lifts? RollandSmoke
  • Score: -1

6:11pm Wed 16 Apr 14

RollandSmoke says...

Class_War wrote:
One more thing; the Foodbank situation is about to get worse, MUCH worse! After April 28th Osborne's new employment scheme begins, whereby the Unemployed will be required to work full-time in return for their Benefits but for no Wage. Now, I'm guessing that most people, like me, will refuse to work for no wage, and will instead take the 'option' of having Benefits 'Sanctioned'. This will obviously lead to a massive increase in the need for food as tens of thousands of starving people will descend upon Foodbanks and Soupkitchens. Crime will go through the roof and Marshall Law will be imposed. You heard it here. Don't believe? Wait and see...
It has become obvious that the government are trying to provoke civil unrest and have been preparing for it. We have talk of water cannons being needed and the stocking up of taser shotgun rounds ect. To be honest it's a testament to the apathy of the British public that we've got this far. They want us to riot as every time we do more is done to take our freedoms and liberties away. When your very means of survival are removed you don't have a lot left to lose. It's going to get messy. Don't know about you but I think I'll be fairly safe when the crimewave hits because no-one round here's got anything worth breaking in for. The irony is that the muppets will happily pay up for the increases in insurance premiums which will collectively add up to a lot more than it would have cost to ensure no-one was desperate enough to rob them.
[quote][p][bold]Class_War[/bold] wrote: One more thing; the Foodbank situation is about to get worse, MUCH worse! After April 28th Osborne's new employment scheme begins, whereby the Unemployed will be required to work full-time in return for their Benefits but for no Wage. Now, I'm guessing that most people, like me, will refuse to work for no wage, and will instead take the 'option' of having Benefits 'Sanctioned'. This will obviously lead to a massive increase in the need for food as tens of thousands of starving people will descend upon Foodbanks and Soupkitchens. Crime will go through the roof and Marshall Law will be imposed. You heard it here. Don't believe? Wait and see...[/p][/quote]It has become obvious that the government are trying to provoke civil unrest and have been preparing for it. We have talk of water cannons being needed and the stocking up of taser shotgun rounds ect. To be honest it's a testament to the apathy of the British public that we've got this far. They want us to riot as every time we do more is done to take our freedoms and liberties away. When your very means of survival are removed you don't have a lot left to lose. It's going to get messy. Don't know about you but I think I'll be fairly safe when the crimewave hits because no-one round here's got anything worth breaking in for. The irony is that the muppets will happily pay up for the increases in insurance premiums which will collectively add up to a lot more than it would have cost to ensure no-one was desperate enough to rob them. RollandSmoke
  • Score: -10

6:50pm Wed 16 Apr 14

bd7 helper says...

We need help not more immigrants
We need help not more immigrants bd7 helper
  • Score: 11

8:05pm Wed 16 Apr 14

alive and awake says...

RollandSmoke wrote:
Class_War wrote: One more thing; the Foodbank situation is about to get worse, MUCH worse! After April 28th Osborne's new employment scheme begins, whereby the Unemployed will be required to work full-time in return for their Benefits but for no Wage. Now, I'm guessing that most people, like me, will refuse to work for no wage, and will instead take the 'option' of having Benefits 'Sanctioned'. This will obviously lead to a massive increase in the need for food as tens of thousands of starving people will descend upon Foodbanks and Soupkitchens. Crime will go through the roof and Marshall Law will be imposed. You heard it here. Don't believe? Wait and see...
It has become obvious that the government are trying to provoke civil unrest and have been preparing for it. We have talk of water cannons being needed and the stocking up of taser shotgun rounds ect. To be honest it's a testament to the apathy of the British public that we've got this far. They want us to riot as every time we do more is done to take our freedoms and liberties away. When your very means of survival are removed you don't have a lot left to lose. It's going to get messy. Don't know about you but I think I'll be fairly safe when the crimewave hits because no-one round here's got anything worth breaking in for. The irony is that the muppets will happily pay up for the increases in insurance premiums which will collectively add up to a lot more than it would have cost to ensure no-one was desperate enough to rob them.
No surprise the trade at food banks as risen, better advertised, better stocked, and more and more shameless immigrants and uneducated discovering them.
Of course they are busy.
I do however think your last comment verges on the edge of inciting to riot, as much of a word smith you think you are. Be careful.
[quote][p][bold]RollandSmoke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Class_War[/bold] wrote: One more thing; the Foodbank situation is about to get worse, MUCH worse! After April 28th Osborne's new employment scheme begins, whereby the Unemployed will be required to work full-time in return for their Benefits but for no Wage. Now, I'm guessing that most people, like me, will refuse to work for no wage, and will instead take the 'option' of having Benefits 'Sanctioned'. This will obviously lead to a massive increase in the need for food as tens of thousands of starving people will descend upon Foodbanks and Soupkitchens. Crime will go through the roof and Marshall Law will be imposed. You heard it here. Don't believe? Wait and see...[/p][/quote]It has become obvious that the government are trying to provoke civil unrest and have been preparing for it. We have talk of water cannons being needed and the stocking up of taser shotgun rounds ect. To be honest it's a testament to the apathy of the British public that we've got this far. They want us to riot as every time we do more is done to take our freedoms and liberties away. When your very means of survival are removed you don't have a lot left to lose. It's going to get messy. Don't know about you but I think I'll be fairly safe when the crimewave hits because no-one round here's got anything worth breaking in for. The irony is that the muppets will happily pay up for the increases in insurance premiums which will collectively add up to a lot more than it would have cost to ensure no-one was desperate enough to rob them.[/p][/quote]No surprise the trade at food banks as risen, better advertised, better stocked, and more and more shameless immigrants and uneducated discovering them. Of course they are busy. I do however think your last comment verges on the edge of inciting to riot, as much of a word smith you think you are. Be careful. alive and awake
  • Score: 5

8:09pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Alhaurinrhino says...

Let them all starve. If they're starving and becoming ill then it may stop the lazy, feckless breeders procreating and bringing the next generation of losers into the world.
Survival of the fittest is the way of the natural world.
Let them all starve. If they're starving and becoming ill then it may stop the lazy, feckless breeders procreating and bringing the next generation of losers into the world. Survival of the fittest is the way of the natural world. Alhaurinrhino
  • Score: -1

8:35pm Wed 16 Apr 14

alive and awake says...

Alhaurinrhino wrote:
Let them all starve. If they're starving and becoming ill then it may stop the lazy, feckless breeders procreating and bringing the next generation of losers into the world. Survival of the fittest is the way of the natural world.
Do you think they should be sterilised?
[quote][p][bold]Alhaurinrhino[/bold] wrote: Let them all starve. If they're starving and becoming ill then it may stop the lazy, feckless breeders procreating and bringing the next generation of losers into the world. Survival of the fittest is the way of the natural world.[/p][/quote]Do you think they should be sterilised? alive and awake
  • Score: 5

8:57pm Wed 16 Apr 14

mr.bradford says...

just nipping to KFC.. anyone want owt?
just nipping to KFC.. anyone want owt? mr.bradford
  • Score: 4

12:00am Thu 17 Apr 14

johnhem says...

alive and awake wrote:
Alhaurinrhino wrote:
Let them all starve. If they're starving and becoming ill then it may stop the lazy, feckless breeders procreating and bringing the next generation of losers into the world. Survival of the fittest is the way of the natural world.
Do you think they should be sterilised?
you should change your name to "light on-nobody in" survival of the fittest is fine in the jungle where the playing field is level, but where you have a government changing the goalposts every day then the fittest are quite often the ones in foodbank queues, purely because of government actions.
Avro
whatever reason companies donate their near sell by date foods makes no difference, that they do instead of throwing it away makes a world of difference if you are the one needing it.
andy2010
still the cr@pspouter I see. those phones could be free on a contract, saving the need for a landline for phones and computers. also saves money/stamps if they are e-mailing for jobs. as for your really stupid comment about "however little state money they get" means they shouldn't get anything from foodbanks shows you up for what you really are. you think anyone on benefits is a scrounger yet you know NOTHING. did you know 76% of claimants are in full time work? you say get a job whatever it is and when they can't manage on that wage you say get a better job. if only it was as simple as you they would all be rich. stick your anti-benefit bigotry where the sun doesn't shine, most of those on benefits are not there by choice.
[quote][p][bold]alive and awake[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Alhaurinrhino[/bold] wrote: Let them all starve. If they're starving and becoming ill then it may stop the lazy, feckless breeders procreating and bringing the next generation of losers into the world. Survival of the fittest is the way of the natural world.[/p][/quote]Do you think they should be sterilised?[/p][/quote]you should change your name to "light on-nobody in" survival of the fittest is fine in the jungle where the playing field is level, but where you have a government changing the goalposts every day then the fittest are quite often the ones in foodbank queues, purely because of government actions. Avro whatever reason companies donate their near sell by date foods makes no difference, that they do instead of throwing it away makes a world of difference if you are the one needing it. andy2010 still the cr@pspouter I see. those phones could be free on a contract, saving the need for a landline for phones and computers. also saves money/stamps if they are e-mailing for jobs. as for your really stupid comment about "however little state money they get" means they shouldn't get anything from foodbanks shows you up for what you really are. you think anyone on benefits is a scrounger yet you know NOTHING. did you know 76% of claimants are in full time work? you say get a job whatever it is and when they can't manage on that wage you say get a better job. if only it was as simple as you they would all be rich. stick your anti-benefit bigotry where the sun doesn't shine, most of those on benefits are not there by choice. johnhem
  • Score: -4

12:47am Thu 17 Apr 14

Ian H 1971 says...

pcmanners wrote:
Charities should not undermine Government policy which is to use starvation to force the lazy to get a job. It's the only weapon left to use on benefit scroungers who think the state is just there to keep them in idleness.

Poverty is a choice made by the thick and the do-nothings. They have to be taught to live with the consequences. The next Conservative Government will do away with the freebies like health and education. The poor will then have to shape up or bear the consequences.
If you want people to adopt a survive at all costs mentality by not claiming benefits or relying on the help of others, well you need to move away from a society based model and back to being a land of savages, pre-civilisation. Personally although that would bring back true freedom instead of government based tyranny, I would rather avoid returning to the 'survival is everything' mode of living.
[quote][p][bold]pcmanners[/bold] wrote: Charities should not undermine Government policy which is to use starvation to force the lazy to get a job. It's the only weapon left to use on benefit scroungers who think the state is just there to keep them in idleness. Poverty is a choice made by the thick and the do-nothings. They have to be taught to live with the consequences. The next Conservative Government will do away with the freebies like health and education. The poor will then have to shape up or bear the consequences.[/p][/quote]If you want people to adopt a survive at all costs mentality by not claiming benefits or relying on the help of others, well you need to move away from a society based model and back to being a land of savages, pre-civilisation. Personally although that would bring back true freedom instead of government based tyranny, I would rather avoid returning to the 'survival is everything' mode of living. Ian H 1971
  • Score: -5

4:35pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Class_War says...

To those who think poverty is a choice, please do the world a favour and kill yourself now.
To those who think poverty is a choice, please do the world a favour and kill yourself now. Class_War
  • Score: -8

4:38pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Class_War says...

WE WILL EAT THE RICH!!!
WE WILL EAT THE RICH!!! Class_War
  • Score: -11

5:08pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Andy2010 says...

Class_War wrote:
To those who think poverty is a choice, please do the world a favour and kill yourself now.
Well played Landless

define poverty though please

Is poverty a person who receives no state handouts EVER and has to beg for food to survive even when homeless

or is poverty having a Iphone 4s, just a tiny 32" tv and having to put up with a last generation console?

I would recommend you visit or do some research into the true meaning of poverty in countries that experience this.
[quote][p][bold]Class_War[/bold] wrote: To those who think poverty is a choice, please do the world a favour and kill yourself now.[/p][/quote]Well played Landless define poverty though please Is poverty a person who receives no state handouts EVER and has to beg for food to survive even when homeless or is poverty having a Iphone 4s, just a tiny 32" tv and having to put up with a last generation console? I would recommend you visit or do some research into the true meaning of poverty in countries that experience this. Andy2010
  • Score: 5

10:39pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Class_War says...

Poverty is having no ferkin money, you thick twot.
Poverty is having no ferkin money, you thick twot. Class_War
  • Score: -18

1:44pm Sat 19 Apr 14

Class_War says...

We should spit-roast that fat **** Emma Harrison, the biggest 'Benefit Cheat' in the country.
We should spit-roast that fat **** Emma Harrison, the biggest 'Benefit Cheat' in the country. Class_War
  • Score: -18

6:54am Sun 20 Apr 14

Andy2010 says...

Class_War wrote:
Poverty is having no ferkin money, you thick twot.
http://www.oxforddic
tionaries.com/defini
tion/english/job
[quote][p][bold]Class_War[/bold] wrote: Poverty is having no ferkin money, you thick twot.[/p][/quote]http://www.oxforddic tionaries.com/defini tion/english/job Andy2010
  • Score: 10

8:27am Sun 20 Apr 14

Macca51 says...

Well done agent 'Posh Boy'. Your demonisation of anyone on benefits would appear to be succeeding if these comments are anything to go by.
Well done agent 'Posh Boy'. Your demonisation of anyone on benefits would appear to be succeeding if these comments are anything to go by. Macca51
  • Score: -3

2:01pm Sun 20 Apr 14

RollandSmoke says...

Further proof (if any where needed) that the Government is trying to provoke civil unrest comes from today's comments from the odious turd that is Shipley's Philip Davies who says “Surely taxpayers not on housing benefit who cannot afford a spare bedroom should not be expected to pay for a spare bedroom for people on housing benefit.” A few points for you Philip. It was admitted by demented slapper Esther Mcvey that the vast majority of those effected were never expected to be able to move thus entrapping them into paying which housing associations have admitted could go on for a decade. 80% of households effected have someone with a disability living within them. Why have only people in social housing been effected by this tax whereas someone renting privately has not? Is it, as I suspect, that the aim is to force people into the private rental sector where rents are higher and thus there will be no saving to the taxpayer? You really shouldn't take everyone for idiots Philip as whilst I'm aware that your voters certainly fall into that category some of us see you for what you are. What did you do for your £10k in benefits from the betting industry again?
Further proof (if any where needed) that the Government is trying to provoke civil unrest comes from today's comments from the odious turd that is Shipley's Philip Davies who says “Surely taxpayers not on housing benefit who cannot afford a spare bedroom should not be expected to pay for a spare bedroom for people on housing benefit.” A few points for you Philip. It was admitted by demented slapper Esther Mcvey that the vast majority of those effected were never expected to be able to move thus entrapping them into paying which housing associations have admitted could go on for a decade. 80% of households effected have someone with a disability living within them. Why have only people in social housing been effected by this tax whereas someone renting privately has not? Is it, as I suspect, that the aim is to force people into the private rental sector where rents are higher and thus there will be no saving to the taxpayer? You really shouldn't take everyone for idiots Philip as whilst I'm aware that your voters certainly fall into that category some of us see you for what you are. What did you do for your £10k in benefits from the betting industry again? RollandSmoke
  • Score: -10

7:13pm Mon 21 Apr 14

gracie field says...

Rolly you are wasting your time with Andy the butt licker and the brown nosed pleb Davis and supporters. They are arselickers and as for the daft Tory loose kneed thick bint well ignore her completely as she hasn't the brains to come up with a comment of her own that is factual or relevant. She still belongs on breakfast tv gossiping with the other air heads about hairspray or manicures -she should leave politics to those with the ability to understand it all.

Obviously Davis has got his hand up her back telling her exactly what to say and do, or maybe its not his hand or her back after all? Girls like that change their views every time they change their bed partners and she has done that plenty over the years as we all know.

The Tories are attempting to do away with social housing altogether in order that they and their greedy mates can syphon all the tax payers money in the form of housing benefits into their own offshore accounts through their portfolio of private rents. Sly lazy and thieving the lot of the Tory scumbags.

As for their numpty followers above liking every comment each other makes llike excited children its time your blind ignorant support for these scumbags was shown for what it is.

You are the thickest and most gullible set of useful taxpaying idiots we have because you moan that you work to keep these so called lazy scroungers in this social housing because you have to pay for their housing benefits but you don't even realise that soon you will all be paying double to keep the same people in private rented housing instead. They are forcing all tenants into private rents where the housing benefits are way higher and guess what? You stupid taxpayers will still be paying this raised amount of housing benefit.

Every time you vote for Tories and their policies you are setting yourself up for more work, more taxes and less pay and far less services. The only people who will gain by what these evil nazi scum are doing right now are themselves -you are just the workhorses who bring in the money they then syphon into their own bank accounts.

Andy (nazi one) either you are Davis or are in some way involved with him or you are the biggest butt licking creep i have ever come across. Its sickening to read your pathetic excuses and lies regarding everything the Tories do.

Maybe those backhanded donations are still coming thick and fast eh old chap?

The clever people can see right through the lot of you scum supporters and what i see is little insignificant people who have been hoodwinked by the Tory scum propaganda and i feel sorry for the lot of you. They obviously seem to pray on the less intelligent among us in order to brainwash them into thinking they're on their side in order to get the votes.

Well vote away you useful fools, vote away your wages, vote away your support networks and vote away your own and your children's safety nets.
Rolly you are wasting your time with Andy the butt licker and the brown nosed pleb Davis and supporters. They are arselickers and as for the daft Tory loose kneed thick bint well ignore her completely as she hasn't the brains to come up with a comment of her own that is factual or relevant. She still belongs on breakfast tv gossiping with the other air heads about hairspray or manicures -she should leave politics to those with the ability to understand it all. Obviously Davis has got his hand up her back telling her exactly what to say and do, or maybe its not his hand or her back after all? Girls like that change their views every time they change their bed partners and she has done that plenty over the years as we all know. The Tories are attempting to do away with social housing altogether in order that they and their greedy mates can syphon all the tax payers money in the form of housing benefits into their own offshore accounts through their portfolio of private rents. Sly lazy and thieving the lot of the Tory scumbags. As for their numpty followers above liking every comment each other makes llike excited children its time your blind ignorant support for these scumbags was shown for what it is. You are the thickest and most gullible set of useful taxpaying idiots we have because you moan that you work to keep these so called lazy scroungers in this social housing because you have to pay for their housing benefits but you don't even realise that soon you will all be paying double to keep the same people in private rented housing instead. They are forcing all tenants into private rents where the housing benefits are way higher and guess what? You stupid taxpayers will still be paying this raised amount of housing benefit. Every time you vote for Tories and their policies you are setting yourself up for more work, more taxes and less pay and far less services. The only people who will gain by what these evil nazi scum are doing right now are themselves -you are just the workhorses who bring in the money they then syphon into their own bank accounts. Andy (nazi one) either you are Davis or are in some way involved with him or you are the biggest butt licking creep i have ever come across. Its sickening to read your pathetic excuses and lies regarding everything the Tories do. Maybe those backhanded donations are still coming thick and fast eh old chap? The clever people can see right through the lot of you scum supporters and what i see is little insignificant people who have been hoodwinked by the Tory scum propaganda and i feel sorry for the lot of you. They obviously seem to pray on the less intelligent among us in order to brainwash them into thinking they're on their side in order to get the votes. Well vote away you useful fools, vote away your wages, vote away your support networks and vote away your own and your children's safety nets. gracie field
  • Score: -8

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree