Woman's attempt to burn photos in the bath led to house fire

Woman's attempt to burn photos in the bath led to house fire

Woman's attempt to burn photos in the bath led to house fire

First published in News Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Photograph of the Author by , T&A Reporter

People have been warned of the dangers of burning things indoors after a woman set her bath on fire after leaving burning photos unattended.

Fire crews from Odsal and Illingworth were called to a three storey terrace house on Mayo Avenue at 12.15pm today after a resident had called to report a fire in the bathroom.

A woman living in the property is believed to have been burning photographs in a plastic bath before going downstairs while the fire was still burning.

When she went to return upstairs she found heavy smoke billowing out of the bathroom. She left the property and there were no casualties reported.

The bathtub and much of the bathroom was severely damaged by the fire, two bedrooms left severely smoke damaged.

Odsal watch commander Andy Flynn said: “Burning anything inside the house is not recommended. The building did not have working smoke alarms - which is something we always recommend people have installed.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree