Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Roadworks under way in Otley ahead of Tour de France
8:00am Tuesday 25th February 2014 in News
A programme of maintenance continues to take place in Otley.
The town is the focus of road resurfacing at five sites in preparation for the Tour de France Grand Depart in July.
Most of the work is being carried out Monday to Thursday, avoiding the main market days on Fridays and Saturdays. Work has also been planned to take place between 9am and 3pm to avoid peak times. Sites and times of resurfacing work are:
* A659 Bradford Road from Piper Lane to A660 Roundabout, work will run until Monday, March 3, 9am-3pm.
* A659 Piper Lane from Ilkley Road to Bradford Road, work is due to run until Tuesday, March 4, 9am-3pm.
* A659 Westgate from Kirkgate to Ilkley Road, work will run until Wednesday, March 5, 9am-3pm.
* A659 Cross Green from East Busk Lane to Boroughgate, Monday, March 3, to Thursday, March 6, 9am-3pm.
* Billams Hill from Weston Lane to the bridge, Monday, March 10, to Friday, March 14, 9am-3pm.
Leeds City councillor Richard Lewis said: “We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this work may cause.”