Plea by firefighters after Keighley flat blaze

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Plea by firefighters after Keighley flat blaze Plea by firefighters after Keighley flat blaze

Firefighters have urged people to make sure their electrical appliances are in good working order after a Keighley flat caught fire while the owner was out.
 

Crews from Shipley and Keighley were called to a fire on Church Street in the town centre at 7.50pm yesterday.
A fire had started in a bedroom with the suspected cause being a faulty extension cord.
They were at the scene for around an hour and used breathing apparatus, hose and a ventilation fan to extinguish the fire and clear the building of smoke.
Around a quarter of the flat was damaged by fire and smoke.
A spokesman for West Yorkshire Fire Service said: “We would ask everyone to make sure their electrical appliances are well maintained and in good working order.”

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree