Bradford Telegraph and ArgusBradford food hygiene trial is delayed by illness (From Bradford Telegraph and Argus)

Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email

Bradford food hygiene trial is delayed by illness

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Bradford and Keighley Magistrates’ Court Bradford and Keighley Magistrates’ Court

The trial of a Bradford takeaway owner accused of breaching food hygiene safety regulations has been adjourned after he was said to have suffered a suspected heart attack.

Mohammed Ayaz Rashid, the sole owner of Fresh Fillingz in Duckworth Lane, Bradford, was due to appear before Bradford and Keighley Magistrates’ Court yesterday to face ten charges brought by Bradford Council.

Rashid failed to attend the hearing, and his solicitor, Shahid Ali, told the court that his client had been admitted to Bradford Royal Infirmary at 7am yesterday, details he said had been confirmed by a hospital receptionist.

Chairman of the magistrates bench, Alison Roberts, ordered that Rashid must provide medical evidence that he was judged “unfit to attend court” within 14 days.

The charges relate to an inspection of the property in January last year, during which the Council alleges it found evidence of inadequate washing facilities, food storage problems, and food contamination issues.

Rashid, 46, of Toller Drive, Heaton, who has pleaded not guilty to all charges, had his unconditional bail extended until a new trial date of April 2.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree