Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Man, 63, choked to death in bedroom after meal
7:00am Saturday 26th October 2013 in News
A coroner has recorded a verdict of accidental death in the case of an Ilkley man who died after choking on undigested food.
Hugh Little, 63, of Beverley Rise, was declared dead at his home on September 26, despite the efforts of paramedics to save him.
His wife Linda raised the alarm when she found him slumped on the bedroom floor one evening after a meal. She dialled 999, and her and a neighbour followed advice on trying to revive him while they waited for the ambulance to arrive.
Paramedics tried for 20 minutes to save his life.
An inquest in Bradford yesterday it was heard that Mr Little’s airways had become blocked by a large piece of chewed ham.
A statement from Mrs Little said her husband was anxious and had been feeling dizzy.