Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Plumber sparks Cleckheaton fire
6:00am Friday 11th October 2013 in News
An elderly woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a plumber sparked a fire in her garage in Cleckheaton. The workman was soldering piping at the property on West End Drive when he set fire to lagging.
Firefighters were called at 10.10am. Cleckheaton watch commander Dan Gledhill said the plumber had put out the fire, although it had caused damage to the ceiling in the garage and the floor of a room above.
The woman at the house was treated by paramedics.