Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Firefighters tackle blaze in Guiseley flat
5:49pm Sunday 18th August 2013 in News
Firefighters were called to a flat in Guiseley when a woman fell asleep after putting two pans on the hob. A neighbour raised the alarm when they smelled smoke at the second-floor flat off Town Street at 12.30am today. A spokesman from Rawdon fire station said two pans of food were on the hob and the oven was on when they arrived. He said that the flat was smoke-logged. The woman, believed to be in her 30s, was asleep in bed. She was unharmed, said the fire service spokesman.